[INACTIVE][ADMN] SimpleSave v3.25 Simple automatic saving! [000] - Backups!

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by desmin88, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Offline

desmin88

2. It doesn't help, the problem is still there!
    He copies only the players folder, but not the region folder!

greetings
    Chriss

3. Offline

Reterg

[quote="desmin88, post: 271307@maystorm
    Your saying that it won't save or backup with no players on?[/quote]

I think that might be what he means. He might want it to still do the backup when there is no one online.
    The current setting is that no save or backup is done if no one is logged in. A few posts back (or pages) some people were discussing this and were saying that someone may have been logged in at one point, made changes to the world and then logged out. As they are logged out and no one else logs in, the changes they made are not autosaved or backed up. It was discussed that it should still auto save and backup these changes.

Perhaps, if possible, the auto save and backup can still happen with no one logged in if there has been someone logged in since the last save and backup?

4. Offline

maystorm

Yes, this is what I noticed. Reterg perfectly explained in the previous post what I meant. ;)

5. Offline

Kiim

@desmin88:
    I get this error every time its take a backup :S
    Its says it can't delete something, but that file/folder it can't delete, do disappers after little time after the backup is done :confused:

(HomeBoi is my server name :p)

Code:
    2011-05-05 18:55:40 [INFO] Backup!
    2011-05-05 18:55:49 [INFO] java.io.IOException: Unable to delete directory E:\Dropbox\Minecraft\Backups [HomeBoi]\HomeBoi\region.
    2011-05-05 18:55:49 [INFO]     at org.desmin88.simplesave.FileUtils.deleteDirectory(FileUtils.java:365)
    2011-05-05 18:55:49 [INFO]     at org.desmin88.simplesave.FileUtils.forceDelete(FileUtils.java:454)
    2011-05-05 18:55:49 [INFO]     at org.desmin88.simplesave.FileUtils.cleanDirectory(FileUtils.java:426)
    2011-05-05 18:55:49 [INFO]     at org.desmin88.simplesave.FileUtils.deleteDirectory(FileUtils.java:360)
    2011-05-05 18:55:49 [INFO]     at org.desmin88.simplesave.Backup.backup(Backup.java:51)
    2011-05-05 18:55:49 [INFO]     at org.desmin88.simplesave.SimpleSave$BackupMethod.run(SimpleSave.java:132)
    2011-05-05 18:55:49 [INFO]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftWorker.run(CraftWorker.java:33)
    2011-05-05 18:55:49 [INFO]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    2011-05-05 18:55:49 [INFO] SimpleSave: Deleting old backups.
    2011-05-05 18:55:49 [INFO] Done!

6. Offline

desmin88

@Kiim
    Try telling it to backup to a different directory other than dropbox.
    @christopher_2007
    Are you saving to a dropbox?
    @Reterg
    I'll try to fix that.

7. Offline

Kiim

@desmin88:
    I will try that, but the point to get it to backup a other place then the folder where the server stuff is, its to get it to backup to something like Dropbox (or other harddrive), but can I get it to backup to Dropbox and Server-folder?

8. Offline

cloned

Doesn't seem to backup at all on linux.

EDIT Nevermind. I just had the backup interval set too high.

Like others, I would love the ability to run backups even when users are not online.

9. Offline

desmin88

10. Offline

Jotschie

what format do I have to use for a custom backup path?
    Your configuration model is not updated to the new version of the config yet.

11. I am trying to save the world backup to a normal folder on the Server!
    Is it possible to make a ".zip" or a ".rar" file for the backup? So instead of a folder!

greetings
    Chriss

12. Offline

MineralMC

Code:
    2011-05-06 12:03:12 [INFO] [SimpleSave] Beginning world save
    2011-05-06 12:03:12 [SEVERE] java.io.IOException: The handle is invalid
    2011-05-06 12:03:12 [SEVERE]     at java.io.RandomAccessFile.seek(Native Method)
    2011-05-06 12:03:12 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.RegionFile.a(SourceFile:342)
    2011-05-06 12:03:12 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.RegionFile.a(SourceFile:279)
    2011-05-06 12:03:12 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ChunkBuffer.close(SourceFile:259)
    2011-05-06 12:03:12 [SEVERE]     at java.util.zip.DeflaterOutputStream.close(Unknown Source)
    2011-05-06 12:03:12 [SEVERE]     at java.io.FilterOutputStream.close(Unknown Source)
    2011-05-06 12:03:12 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ChunkRegionLoader.a(SourceFile:64)
    2011-05-06 12:03:12 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.saveChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:160)
    2011-05-06 12:03:12 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.saveChunks(ChunkProviderServer.java:190)
    2011-05-06 12:03:12 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftWorld.save(CraftWorld.java:551)
    2011-05-06 12:03:12 [SEVERE]     at org.desmin88.simplesave.SimpleSave.saveWorlds(SimpleSave.java:161)
    2011-05-06 12:03:12 [SEVERE]     at org.desmin88.simplesave.SimpleSave$SaveMethod.run(SimpleSave.java:101)
    2011-05-06 12:03:12 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:138)
    2011-05-06 12:03:12 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:358)
    2011-05-06 12:03:12 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
    2011-05-06 12:03:12 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    2011-05-06 12:03:12 [INFO] [SimpleSave] Ending world save
    CraftBukkit version 760. Latest version of SimpleSave.

13. Offline

UfaRock

I have the plugin starts but does not work. Does not make backups. On windowseverything was fine but on Linux does not work. What's the problem?

14. Offline

mavbear

That's your problem right there. Is it a recommended release? If not, don't use it. The header of this plugin states its compatibility with 740 only.

15. Offline

MineralMC

If you're running 740 without the corruption issues and block lag, then I tip my hat to you. However, the same issues arose on my 740 install as well as 760, so I consider it a persistent issue. Sorry to piss on your bonfire there, sparky.

16. Offline

desmin88

@MineralMC
    As explained numerous times before, this error doesn't mean anything.
    @UfaRock
    Config? Try a redownload as well. Also, CB version, also, any console errors?
    @Jostchie
    A directory path is needed, and all \'s must be doubled i.e \\
    @christopher_2007
    I really have no idea, as most other people don't have this issue. Check if you have disk space? File permissions etc.

17. Offline

UfaRock

I deleted the old config and it worked

18. Offline

ssechaud

Any chance of putting the world name in the filename of the backups?

19. Offline

BigRenegade

@desmin88

the error is because SimpleSave is not reading the full directory name of the backup folder in the config file. I've looked at my save files and it is saving the name as raft\backup\world. In my config I have the backup directory set to d:\\Minecraft\\backup. It is disregarding everything in the folder location from d:\\minec on. This is one of the things that happens. I believe the other issue for this Invalid File Handle is that if you set the save interval to 10 minutes and the backup interval to 30, when it comes time to do the backup, it is also trying to do a save, thereby causing the file handle error during backup because the minecraft world folder is already open doing a save. I am going to do some testing to prove this theory right or wrong and let you know what my findings are.

@desmin88

After testing my theory posted above, i found that is what the issue. If someone sets the save interval at any multiple of 5 (5,10,15,20,30...) and the actual backup time to say 60, 120, 240 or so minutes, there is a conflict when those two times match up. it will start the save sequence first which opens the File Handle for saving. Because the file handle is already open, and Invalid File Error occurs when it then tries to open this same folder for backup. One simple solution would be to add 1 to the backup time variable in the script so that no conflict could ever occur.
    Hope I helped you in correcting this small error as I think this is the best Auto Saving plugin out there. It causes no lag on the server when doing the save nor hardly any when doing a back up. Keep the good work and a double thumbs for a dynamite plugin

Try changing your save time to something like 14 and your backup time to 60. This will have it save the world every 14 mins and back it up every hour. This error is occuring because the file handle is open doing a save when the plugin begins a backup. Because the file handle is open java will give an io exception ijnvalid handle error. This solution worked for me and I was getting this same error.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  20. Offline

Maxis010

I disagree with the no conflict solution
    Logic dictates that the problem will occur every 5 back ups because the numbers will match up
    61 = Safe
    122 = Safe
    183 = Safe
    244 = Safe
    305 = Error

EDIT: To clarify, it's a short term fix, not a long term one

@desmin88
    Can you add a check so that if there is a save in progress the back-up will be held back until the save completes

21. Offline

Spathizilla

It seems if you do not configure the backup directory (a config setting not mentioned in the OP) it will not save the backups at all. I had not made the cbroot/backups directory either (this is never mentioned as the default location btw) and there was never any indication there was a problem.

SSv2.2.1 and CB740 on Linux

22. Offline

BigRenegade

You forget that you can set the save and back up times in the config file. Because of this you set the period for each. if you set the save for 14 and the back up for 60 they will never conflict. That is a user end fix for the error. The reason for it occurring is in the plug-in and thereby lays on the developer to create and error check so that there is no possibility of it happening again. It saves the developer future posts like ours because of it. So I will give that my inital suggestion would be short term, it is so only in that the developer should correct the issue in the plug-in. But my suggestion is still long term from the user end.

23. Offline

desmin88

@Spathizilla
    Don't know what you mean, it CLEARLY sets the default folder to one called cbroot/backup
    You don't need to ever make the folder, it does it for you. Also, common sense states that when the default config setting for directory is backup, well then the default location is, backup.
    @EveryonewhiningaboutHandleError
    I have a check in place, but it's not working. Will fix it.
    @BigRenegade
    Adding 1 to the backup time or save time wouldn't work, it can in some cases take longer than 1 minute to do these processes.

24. Offline

Spathizilla

Common sense might state that but the plugin did NOT create the directory OR backup anything. The directory was not created. Your original post does not mention the directory config setting nor does it say it would backup to cbroot/backups. I dont recall whether I had to manally put the directory setting into the config file after regenerating it this morning.

So yeh common sense might help IF your original post mentioned these things.

However, after I manually create the directory it works - it seems.. we'll see whether it backs up when the time isnt set to 1 minute.

25. Offline

desmin88

@Spathizilla
    Hmm, thats funny. Because I just downloaded the plugin, and it does infact make the backup folder.
    It has to be you. Quite funny you say that the directory setting wasn't put in to the file, as mine was.
    How about you try and regenerate the config, as that is the cause of most common user errors.

26. Offline

Spathizilla

Still should update the original post to reflect these changes anyway. Your OP still has the config for 2.2

I did regenerate the config file this morning also. I dont recall whether I had to paste the config line or not though. The directory was not autocreated either way.

27. Offline

desmin88

@Spathizilla
    Its explicitly created in 2.2.1, try a redownload.

28. Offline

nemafow

You legend, I was getting frustrated with the console spam and this fixed it for me! Thank you!

29. Offline

BigRenegade

The adding one to the back up or save time was just an arbitrary number as a suggestion, so long as the number added was not a multiple of 5 which would cause the save and back up to occur at the same point in time occasionally.

30. Offline

MechanID

i have a problem. i running my server on linux, all backups works fine but in zip file there is folder "orld" but my world folder is "world" everything is ok except name of folder in archive.
    as i see when backup is running there is folder "world" in backup folder and after it zipped it seems to be deleted,
    and in zip file we have wrong folder name.
    i have 2.2.1 version

31. Offline

desmin88

@BigRenegade
    Ahh, yes. I see now. I think since my tests to fix the handle error have failed, I'll just check to see if the backup time is divisible by the same time, and if its a whole number, add 1.
    Also, the multiple of 5 doesn't matter. Its only if the backuptime or save time can be divided evenly into each other.
    @MechanID
    After speaking with @PhantomGamers and many people on IRC, the cause of that is unknown, as nothing in the source code causes it.