[INACTIVE][ADMN/SEC/WEB] DataLog - replaced by HawkEye [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by oliverw92, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

oliverw92

Vaupell, Pinkpixels, Sleaker and 2 others like this.
  2. Offline

Phantom Index

What would be the link to see the browser? I uploaded it everything :/ My problem it's not detecting the worlds http://synapsesmp.com/datalog

3. Offline

MineralMC

Extremely useful plugin!

An auto-updating log and the ability to minimise the options in the viewer would be very handy as well, since I'm using the default cmd window and it's a pain in the ass to navigate. Being able to toggle what stuff I see from the log is a great help.

Update
    It doesn't seem to be logging any of the alternative HeroChat channels either, just Global. Local and IRC (local being a default channel, IRC being a custom channel) are both being ignored by it.

Update Part II
    Seem to be getting intermittent cut-outs from the log, a few lines of conversations and the like missing.

Update, Part III
    2011-04-16 20:10:56 [SEVERE] [DataLog] SQL exception
    Starting to get an awful lot of these. Looks like DataLog may not be up to the task after all! Will keep an eye on the thread for future updates, but have had to disable it for now.

4. Offline

oliverw92

I have a previous version that i made for BigBrother so it should be hard to adapt.

I'll make it bigbrother integration Medium as a compromise :

It uses the log time of whatever the MySQL server time is set to (uses the MySQL NOW() function) so adjust that to what you need :)

No this is not a LogBlock replacement - LogBlock gives in-game commands such as rollback - DataLog gives you a browser-viewable log of server data.

Without error reports and a list of plugins you are running there isn't anythign i can do!

I'm not sure what you want me to do, can you expand on that a bit?

I'll look into it - I agree, this would be a good feature.

I will add a feature where you can filter the commands it logs

It runs perfectly with LogBlock - I programmed it against LogBlock on my server. Added no extra load at all.

I went to that link at it appears to be logging 6 worlds correctly?

Not quite sure what you mean by 'auto-updating log and minimise options in the view'. Could you expand?

Not sure about the HeroChat stuff - it logs all the different HeroChat channels on my server perfectly.

I'll look into the SQL exceptions - I got one of these just now on my server. I'll make a debug mode.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  5. Offline

Jorrdan

It gives me the error '2011-04-16 06:56:37 [INFO] [DataLog] Creating table datalog
    2011-04-16 06:56:37 [SEVERE] [DataLog] SQL exception while checking datalog"
    My plugins are :
    Code:
    Annoyer
    BigBrother
    BigCatch
    BlockDoor
    BukkitVote
    CakePort
    Craftbook
    DataLog
    DeathTP
    DelayedStop
    Dynmap
    Essentials
    iChat
    Godpowers
    iconomy
    lockette
    loginmessage
    lwc
    magiccarpet
    mcbans
    mcmmo
    minequery
    monstertriggers
    noon
    permissions
    persistence
    questioner
    quickstash
    quickstrasse
    scheduledannouncer
    silence
    simpleautoreply
    simpleshop
    spawnmob
    vampire
    vanish
    warnfreeze
    wolfpound
    worldguard
    xwarp
    afkbooter
    This is the only plugin that uses mySql on my server.

6. Offline

Phinary

Maybe you dont have the mysql permissions set right?

7. Offline

comz123

Access denied for user 'a1909033_comz123'@'10.50.0.56' to database ' a1909033_server'[​IMG] is what is says for me anyone help?

8. Offline

MineralMC

Gladly! :D

[​IMG]
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4436229/dpub/DataLog - Filter Closed.png

[​IMG]
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4436229/dpub/DataLog - Filter Open.png

As for the herochat stuff, /msg, /whisper, etc. isn't being logged. I think the other stuff not being logged was due to the SQL exceptions, so I'd hold off treating the herochat stuff as a bug until they SQL issues been nailed.

9. Offline

gamerpaddy

Dont log the /login command on the Datalog interface you can read the Password under the category "command"

10. Offline

oliverw92

Does the table get created? Check that your MySQL user account has permission to create tables. It looks like it is failing when trying to create the table.

That is an awesome idea! I will try and implement something similar to this. I especially like the auto-refresh and hiding x-y-z stuff.

You will be able to do this soon by using the filter section of the config.yml

I updated the Op feature list to say when certain features will come out. Most of the stuff for the web browser will be done for when v1 is officially released. v0.2 will come out sometime this week, i'm a bit busy for the next few days and will only be fixing major bugs, not adding features.

gamerpaddy likes this.
  11. Offline

MineralMC

The ability to export the current log view would be handy as well, but that should be pretty low priority.

Maybe even the ability to save certain filter types that will get dumped to 'preset tabs' along the top, to the right of the filter toggle? I'm unsure - all that is additional stuff that could be considered after the redesign.

If you want a hand with the CSS, give me a prod!

12. Offline

Jorrdan

Hey,
    I'm trying to work with my hosting company and you to get this plugin working. Hosting wanted me to ask if this configuration is right.

username: renegade_logs
    driver: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
    delay: 3
    table: datalog
    password: xxxxxx
    url: jdbc:mysql://xx.xxx.xxx.2:3306/xxxxxxxx

Hope you can help,

Jordan

13. Offline

iffa

I'm also curious what url I need to insert. Exactly what ip and what port... it isnt connecting.

14. Offline

oliverw92

That looks fine. Is it still not working? What errors?

The url is pretty simple. Leave the port as 3306 (99% of MySQL installations use 3306). You then change the ip part to the ip or URL of your mysql server. The last part of the address (after the '/') is the database it should log to. So say your mysql server was hosted on the adress 'iffa.myminecraftserver.com' and you were logging to the database 'myminecraftlogs', your URL line would look like this:

jdbc:mysql://iffa.myminecraftserver.com:3306/myminecraftlogs

That's not a bad idea! I was going to use this tutorial to make the filter dropdown: http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/h...o-build-a-kick-butt-css3-mega-drop-down-menu/ . I could adapt it to have 'presets' on it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

15. Offline

szmc

I tried to run this plugin, but i get this error:
    Code:
    2011-04-17 14:40:18 [INFO] [DataLog] mysql-connector-java-bin.jar not found in lib/ folder!
    2011-04-17 14:40:18 [INFO] [DataLog] Version 0.1 disabled!
    2011-04-17 14:40:18 [SEVERE] null loading DataLog v0.1 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at uk.co.oliwali.DataLog.DataLogDB.checkTable(DataLogDB.java:99)
        at uk.co.oliwali.DataLog.DataLogDB.<init>(DataLogDB.java:31)
        at uk.co.oliwali.DataLog.DataLog.onEnable(DataLog.java:48)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:127)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:578)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:216)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:115)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:93)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:215)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:202)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:142)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:257)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)

I am a total noob at mysql.

16. Offline

oliverw92

17. Offline

szmc

Show Spoiler
    does it need to be "lib/"? because that does not work for me.

Edit works now but this time i get:
    Code:
    2011-04-17 14:54:48 [SEVERE] [DataLog] Can't get MySQL connection, check your config settings
    2011-04-17 14:54:48 [INFO] [DataLog] Version 0.1 disabled!
    2011-04-17 14:54:48 [SEVERE] null loading DataLog v0.1 (Is it up to date?)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:578)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:216)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)

edit2:
    It works now, but it does not detect any world.

18. Offline

oliverw92

What do you mean it doesn't detect any worlds? Do you mean in the browser?

19. Offline

MineralMC

Sounds good to me, oliver. That tutorial looks spot on, especially as it means keeping JavaScript to an absolute minimum (ironic, considering JS/AJAX is typically used for auto-updating stuff, but the less 'proper' programming in a website, the less there is to go wrong)!

20. Offline

Tealk

21. Offline

Jorrdan

I just configured a new database myself. It still gives me the same error i pasted earlier. It has to be a plugin conflict of some sort, there's no other way! Especially since when i do a reload, it breaks about 5 plugins (mcmmo for sure as well as ichat) and the logs start working again! I hope you can figure this out, i've done all i can.. Going to be sad if this plugin wont work for me lol :(

06:49:12 [SEVERE] null loading DataLog v0.1 (Is it up to date?)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:578)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:216)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)[/CODE]

22. Offline

szmc

Yes in browser there a no worlds to select.

23. Offline

MatCat

Not working for me, no errors, but no logs either.

24. Offline

oliverw92

Yeah I don't mind using javascript for the AJAX stuff, but i like to keep it to minimum in the actual designs of my websites :)

Uh, what for? What do you want to happen with iConomy?

Do you have a database browser like phpMyAdmin you can use to check if data is actually getting added to the table? Do you use BigBrother?

Interesting. Are you using BigBrother?

25. Offline

szmc

Do you have a database browser like phpMyAdmin you can use to check if data is actually getting added to the table? Do you use BigBrother?

I do not use BigBrother (i did.) and phpMyAdmin tells me that in the DB datalog there is a field called wold. what do i have to look for now?

26. Offline

iffa

I've tried with many different "addresses" to make it work - none of have worked. I've tried an IP, location of the site etc... it's just not working :/

27. Offline

MineralMC

Rules to live by. I see far too much superfluous use of JavaScript these days, doubly so now that CSS2 is well established and CSS3 is starting to settle in comfortably. There is just no excuse for JS in design anymore, unless the designer is adding specific advanced functionality to the website.

Oh, and the iConomy comment made me laugh; you should implement a system that allows players to access the server log for a fixed rate of 10 currency a minute. :x

28. Offline

Jorrdan

Hey you quoted me but didn't say anything :confused:

29. Offline

MatCat

I use Logblock

And no for me it does not put anything in the db table, though there is no error either so, I can't tell you why it's not working, no logs give me any idea why.

I should note it DID Create a datalog table, just never put anything in it :p

30. Offline

Tealk

monetary transactions

is it possible to log, what people put in and take out of chests?

31. Offline

oliverw92

Is the database that logblock logs to the same as the db that datalog logs to?

So you want to log all transactions? I'm not sure i can do that - it depends on the iConomy API.

And no it is not possible to detect what people put in and take out of chests - bukkit does not provide this functionality yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.