[INACTIVE][ADMN/SEC/WEB] DataLog - replaced by HawkEye [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by oliverw92, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

oliverw92

Vaupell, Pinkpixels, Sleaker and 2 others like this.
  2. Offline

Zolyx

I appreciate this may be out of your control but I would like to ask for some help.

I've have DataLog v1.1.1 on my server hosted by Multiplay and it works absolutely fine with my Op account. However, when I give the "datalog.browse" and "datalog.tool" permissions to a rank, the "/dl tool" command works but they are unable to get block history - they just get "Error executing MySQL query, search aborted" each time.

Is this something I can fix, or is it a bug?

3. Offline

The Wizard

some of the players report that they die while using /home (never happened to me...), they want there items back but i can't give them back because i don't know what items they lost.
    the plugin already logs deaths (explosion, suffocation, etc.). if you search by name, death, xyz, range and dropped items (on death) you can see why the user died and what item he lost. this way i can tell if he died by a bug and give him the lost items.

also i have restricted fire/lava, only vips can use it. but if the plugin will log dropped items on death i can give access to fire/lava to all the players. and ban the users who use lava to kill other players and restore the items to players.

4. Offline

oliverw92

Basically you mean cache the entire database right? That completely defies the point of a database :p That was also be MORE traffic intensive than using MySQL - on my server we have 30 million logs, making a 2GB database. Can you honestly say that updating 2GB of database across the internet/network every 2 hours is a good idea :p That also doesn't take into consideration the issue of storing the cache - there is no way you would store that in the memory, so you would have to flat file it. Which, again, completely defies the point of a database.

I added it in 1.3.0, thanks!

So the issue comes when you do a '/dl search' command?Set debug to true in config.yml and report the output from the console when they do a search. Sounds like an intriguing problem.

Ahhh so do you simply mean when a player dies you want the items they drop to log as DataLog item-drop events? That shouldn't be hard at all.

5. Offline

jonassm

Ye, Wrong thread, but will you please update HelloWorld? It's awesome :(

6. Offline

The Wizard

Yes.

7. Offline

oliverw92

Ok i'll do that

8. Offline

Xaqa

Code:
    max-lines: 0
    tool-block: 17
    cleanse-age: 0d0h0s
    block-filter:
    max-connections: 10
    debug: false
    max-radius: 100
    log:
        lava-bucket: true
        block-burn: true
        water-bucket: true
        other: true
        pvp-death: true
        leaf-decay: true
        block-break: true
        open-chest: true
        chat: true
        join: true
        snow-form: true
        quit: true
        sign-place: true
        block-place: true
        door-interact: true
        flint-steel: true
        button: true
        explosion: true
        command: true
        teleport: true
        lever: true
    version: 1.1.1
    mysql:
        port: 3306
        username: crowngamin_app
        hostname: crowngaming.ipagemysql.com
        password: WHYHELLOTHEREMYFINEFELLOWTHANKYOUFORRELEASING1.3.0WHILEMYHOSTISSTILLON1.1.1
        database: crowngaming_IC_20100727_185212
    command-filter:
    - /login
    - /restartsrv
    - /register

9. All I can say is wow, what a plugin.

Oliverw92, this plugin is amazing, and for me and my small server, the 1.3 version went into place from 1.2 flawlessly.

The UI, smart piece of work there, especially making it a stand alone php page that can be run anywhere.

While I think that the blocking might be a bit beyond the scope of what the plugin was intended to do (I'm debating if I even want to keep bigbrother running on my server now), I do like it being there vs having to install a much heavier plugin, such as worldguard.

Keep up the excellent work, it is appreciated!

EDIT: It appears that the new rules section uses the block ID logging function, is this correct? When I first installed 1.3, I used the example in the wiki for blocking pistons. When I was testing this, I found that not only was I able to place pistons, they were also not being logged. Then I noticed that the old config I had, based on the 1.2 example config, was not logging the ID for the pistons. Once I removed those ID's and restarted the server, blocking worked as expected and intended. Something to potentially add to the configuration instructions?

10. Offline

predator519

It says it's for Build number 953 which i am on currently. but i dont think so........... because according to the thread it says for 860 but in title it says 953. i also tried to install it and it didnt work :p PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!
    :)

11. Can you be more specific? :) What didn't work, what errors are you getting?

Setting this one up for me was 90% painless, the biggest problem was the bug in 1.2 about the missing config file and the error that said to adjust the bukkit.yml file (which actually wasn't needed).

EDIT: And I just updated the server to 1.7.2 and bukkit to 953, no issues noticed at all. I thought I had found a problem with the new rules settings, but it was a misconfiguration on my part. Fixing it and restarting clear it up.

12. Offline

Zolyx

To be more exact, the problem happens whenever the log block tool is used in the world by left or right clicking. I didn't check what happens with "/dl search" but I'll get back to you on that later.

13. Offline

KiloWhiskey

@oliverw92 Is there any way to convert my old logs to the new format outside of the game? I restarted my server with 1.3 and it started the conversion but froze the server starting up and after about 3 minutes I had to kill it since I knew I had players waiting to get back in. I restarted the server again and it didn't try to convert them the next time, but now I can't view the old logs from the page. the old database is a full gig, so I know it will take time to convert and I don't want to have the server down while it converts. :/

14. Offline

oliverw92

And config.php?
    Have you got access to phpMyAdmin for that datbase - you could check to see if it is creating tables ok.

Thankyou for your praise!

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by 'remove the ids, blocking worked as expected'. Could you expand?

It is for 953, it works fine. If it doesn't work, please report the errors - I can't do anything if you don't tell me what is wrong.

If you could get back to me on that with a console debug report that would be great.

Run these sql commands. I advise you stop your server before doing this or you could potentially have a corrupted database.
    Code:
    CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `dl_worlds` (`world_id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `world` varchar(255) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`world_id`), KEY `world` (`world`) ) ENGINE=MyISAM;

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `"dl_worlds` (`player_id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `player` varchar(255) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`player_id`), KEY `player` (`player`) ) ENGINE=MyISAM;

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `datalog2` (`data_id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `date` varchar(255) NOT NULL, `player_id` int(11) NOT NULL, `action` int(11) NOT NULL, `world_id` varchar(255) NOT NULL, `x` double NOT NULL, `y` double NOT NULL, `z` double NOT NULL, `data` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL, `plugin` varchar(255) DEFAULT 'DataLog', PRIMARY KEY (`data_id`), KEY `player_action_world` (`player_id`,`action`,`world_id`), KEY `x_y_z` (`x`,`y`,`z` )) ENGINE=MyISAM;

INSERT INTO `dl_players` (player) SELECT DISTINCT `player` FROM `datalog`;

INSERT INTO `dl_worlds` (world) SELECT DISTINCT `world` FROM `datalog`;

INSERT INTO `datalog2` (date, player_id, action, world_id, x, y, z, data, plugin) SELECT datalog.date, dl_players.player_id, datalog.action, dl_worlds.world_id, datalog.x, datalogy, datalog.z, datalog.data, datalog.plugin FROM `datalog`, `dl_players`, `dl_worlds.` WHERE dl_players..player = datalog.player AND dl_worlds..world = datalog.world");

DROP TABLE `datalog`;

RENAME TABLE `datalog2` TO `datalog`;

15. Offline

KiloWhiskey

And this is why we want to have your babies. Stellar man, thanks!

16. Offline

oliverw92

No worries :) That is all the plugin does itself, just took it out of the source for you

17. Offline

Tealk

f i try to search somthing in the browser (doesnt't matter what) it doesn't show me any results. in fact i think it doesn't even search because after i klick the search button the site refreshs but the result box still tells me to "click search to retrieve data".

18. Offline

oliverw92

Do you have javascript enabled

19. Sure. Here is how my upgrade went.

Original setup was DataLog 1.2 with MC 1.6.6
    1. Upgraded to DL 1.3, the plugin did the upgrade of the DB and config file.
    2. config.yml had ID's 29 and 33 in the block-filter: line, which was left over from the 1.2 config (I had not noticed this at the time)
    3. Added the rules entries from the wiki for blocking pistons and a chat filter
    4. Upgraded the server to MC 1.7.2 and bukkit 953
    5. After restarting, I found that I was still able to place pistons and the plugin was not logging the placement.
    6. I shutdown the server and found in the config file that the ID's were in the block-filter entry.
    7. After removing them and restarting the server, blocking of the pistons worked.

20. Offline

oliverw92

Ohhh i see what you mean - I forgot I had those default values in the block filter. I will change the numbers :)

21. The defaults, minor issue to me. I was more concerned that one apparently can not block anything that is listed there. :)

22. Offline

oliverw92

Ohh i see exactly what you mean now. I will change the order that it is processed.

23. Offline

predator519

my error is that when i type /dl it says an INTERNAL ERROR HAS ACCURED soooooo yeah

24. Offline

oliverw92

I mean error in the console, not in-game.

25. Sooooo yeah, what's on the console of the server? That's where the 'real good' information is going to show up. Kinda need to see the server log.

Just showing what appears in game is like trying to figure out why a computer won't start when all you are looking at is the power light.

26. Offline

KiloWhiskey

I'm seeing some problems, like you put "create table dl_worlds" twice and the second one has a random ". I fixed that but then when I tried to run the insert, I still get errors. should it be player_id and world_id in the insert lines, because it won't let me import them as writen? Please glance over the final insert line as well and let me know if there is anything else I should look out for. Thank you very much again man.

27. Offline

oliverw92

Code:
    CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `dl_worlds` (`world_id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `world` varchar(255) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`world_id`), KEY `world` (`world`) ) ENGINE=MyISAM;

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `dl_players` (`player_id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `player` varchar(255) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`player_id`), KEY `player` (`player`) ) ENGINE=MyISAM;

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `datalog2` (`data_id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `date` varchar(255) NOT NULL, `player_id` int(11) NOT NULL, `action` int(11) NOT NULL, `world_id` varchar(255) NOT NULL, `x` double NOT NULL, `y` double NOT NULL, `z` double NOT NULL, `data` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL, `plugin` varchar(255) DEFAULT 'DataLog', PRIMARY KEY (`data_id`), KEY `player_action_world` (`player_id`,`action`,`world_id`), KEY `x_y_z` (`x`,`y`,`z` )) ENGINE=MyISAM;

INSERT INTO `dl_players` (player) SELECT DISTINCT `player` FROM `datalog`;

INSERT INTO `dl_worlds` (world) SELECT DISTINCT `world` FROM `datalog`;

INSERT INTO `datalog2` (date, player_id, action, world_id, x, y, z, data, plugin) SELECT datalog.date, dl_players.player_id, datalog.action, dl_worlds.world_id, datalog.x, datalogy, datalog.z, datalog.data, datalog.plugin FROM `datalog`, `dl_players`, `dl_worlds.` WHERE dl_players.player = datalog.player AND dl_worlds.world = datalog.world);

DROP TABLE `datalog`;

RENAME TABLE `datalog2` TO `datalog`;
    Try that - sorry I did it in a rush yesterday :)

28. Just ran into an oddness....

At around 2AM my local time, the last two users on the server logged out. The server was idle from there (yes, small private server it is) until when I logged in around 2PM. I did the /dl tool command to get some practice with the system in game (I've only really used the PHP front end so far), placed a dirt block (for science!) and put a log in my hand.

I found that me placing the block didn't log (the tool said no data found). I then turned off the tool, placed the dirt block, and tried again. Same results.

Checking the console, there were no errors appearing, it looked perfectly normal.

I shut down the server (and removed the bigbrother plugin at the same time as datalog meets my needs quite well and is a much smaller binary), came back in, and my block placements were being logged again, regardless if I had the tool in hand or not.

I don't know if this was a problem due to BB or what, but it was happening. According to the logs, it was just the block placements that were not logging for me. I saw environment entries and my join. I'm thinking it was a fluke, but it is something that I think should be noted.

Oh, and for the record, the MySQL server that dl uses is external to the MC server, but is on the same network.

29. Offline

oliverw92

Interesting. I have absolutely no idea why that happens. If it occurs again let me know

30. Will do. It was odd to say the least.

Oh, request: 'embrace' :) one of the features of bigbrother where if an admin goes into tool mode, the plugin substitutes whatever is in the players hand with the log and returns it when the log tool is turned off.

It's not a major issue, but I can see this potentially being an annoyance if the mod/admin/op needs to check a block, but doesn't happen to have a log handy.

31. Offline

oliverw92

If you type /dl tool it gives you one if you don't have one. I much rather that than having someones item at the mercy of a potential server crash.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.