[INACTIVE][ADMN/SEC/WEB] DataLog - replaced by HawkEye [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by oliverw92, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

oliverw92

Vaupell, Pinkpixels, Sleaker and 2 others like this.
  2. It's not useful, but here you go:

Code:
    2011-06-15 20:09:46 [SEVERE] com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: Too many connections
    2011-06-15 20:09:46 [SEVERE]    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    2011-06-15 20:09:46 [SEVERE]    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
    2011-06-15 20:09:46 [SEVERE]    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)

Again, it's not a plugin exception, it's a generic SQL exception, any SQL plugin will throw it, when SQL runs out of connections, as DL is not closing them properly.

3. Offline

Sh00ck

Really Nice!!
    But can anywone translate that to German :D ?
    That would be REALLY Nice :p

Thanks

4. Offline

DiddiZ

@oliverw92
    Really nice web interface, great idea.
    Would you allow me to make a copy and modify it to work with LogBlock?

5. Offline

oliverw92

That is more helpful than you think, thankyou.

Well i don't know German personally, however you can translate the browser yourself - I put language files in the last one. Go to the langs/ folder in the web interface, copy the english.php file and call it german.php, then translate the strings.

Sorry I would rather keep it for DataLog. It took a lot of work to create and I would rather keep it for my own plugin.

6. Offline

Shortguy014

If I could offer a suggestion for the MySQL browser I would love to do so.

Because I have a lot of griefers on my server it would be very valuable to be if you could add a filter to the block break query in the datalog browser. For example: Tick the block break box then select: Player > World. Or player destroys another players block. I didn't explain that very well.

Put simply: Have a filter on block break so that it shows when someone breaks another person block so its easier to tell if they are just mining caves or whether they are trolling.

7. Offline

Revenger

Just used it to search a player it shows block actions then the chat earlier when the player logs in so as mentioned please for next version ability to sort by each columns on the results list so we can click the heading and sort by that as its a valuable feature.

Also I figures out why it was showing everyone case sensitive naming can you add that in for non case sensitive or partial name matching auto fill in.

8. Offline

DiddiZ

Ok, can understand that, but it was worth a shot :D

9. Offline

untergrundbiber

10. Offline

Sh00ck

11. Offline

oliverw92

That would be kinda tricky and not really possible. It would be stupidly resource intensive to search through all the logs for every block break result to try and match up the block break for a block place that may or may not even be correct. (i.e. another player might have placed and broken in-between that time). Sorry but there is no feasible way to do this.

I'm not sure what you mean 'it shows block actions then the chat then the logs in' - it lists it chronologically. I do plan on improving the table at some point, but that won't be for a little while now. The biggest issue is at the moment i am formatting the table serverside in PHP. For sortable columns I would realistically want to use JSON to get the table data into the browser, then use a JQuery table plugin

I thought I sorted that out with the new table schema, i'll look into it.

Not sure what you mean by a merger of the two, don't really see how that would work.

Thanks for the translation!

12. Offline

untergrundbiber

DataLog and LogBlock make almost the same job: Logging things in Minecraft to find griefer etc.

Why do you not make a team with DiddiZ and create a great plugin with your both experience and knowledge.

I think thats would be a fantastic plugin :)

13. Offline

GhostlyDonut

Might be a stupid question and probably is but how can i use that web app in the screenshots?

14. Offline

oliverw92

15. Offline

GhostlyDonut

2011-06-17 22:36:03 [INFO] [DataLog] Starting DataLog initiation process...2011-06-17 22:36:03 [INFO] [DataLog] No permission handler detected, only ops can use commands2011-06-17 22:36:03 [SEVERE] [DataLog] Error whilst attempting to get connection: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'root'@'127.0.0.1' (using password: NO)2011-06-17 22:36:03 [SEVERE] [DataLog] Error initiating DataLog database connection, disabling plugin2011-06-17 22:36:03 [INFO] [DataLog] Version 1.0.3 disabled!

16. Offline

oliverw92

Have you got a MySQL server on your pc, and have you filled out the details correctly in config.yml.

17. Offline

GhostlyDonut

yes,everything seems to be correct

18. Offline

oliverw92

Have you got a MySQL server, and is it running. How did you set it up. That error you posted means your MySQL server is either not running, or the database settings are incorrect.

19. Offline

GhostlyDonut

I used the download link in the wiki and its online.. i took off the password from the .yml and thats it as in there isnt anything next to the :

20. Offline

oliverw92

I don't quite follow - have you actually installed a MySQL server?

21. Offline

GhostlyDonut

22. Offline

oliverw92

Ok so you installed WAMP on the same pc as your minecraft server, yes? Make sure WAMP is running (if it is, it will show up with a green 'W' icon in your taskbar) then the default details are:

host: localhost
    port: 3306
    user: root
    password:

23. Offline

GhostlyDonut

Yes yes all i did was take out the password in the .yml

24. Offline

oliverw92

The best way for me to fix this would be for me to use TeamViewer with you at some point so I can check it out for myself. Drop me a pm if you want me to help.

25. Offline

GhostlyDonut

Do you know how to move around tcadmin?

26. Offline

oliverw92

Never heard of it, what is it?

Can i just check - your minecraft server is hosted on the same pc as the MySQL server right?

27. Offline

GhostlyDonut

Actually i pay money to have a server hosted. Tcadmin is a control panel program that... well i cant really explain it. Im pretty sure there are some images on google or some info.

28. Offline

oliverw92

If your server is not on the same pc as the mysql database, then you can't use localhost as the URL. Ask the people that host your minecraft server to set up a database for you on there. Please read my wiki properly, you could have saved yourself some time: https://github.com/oliverw92/DataLog/wiki/MySQL-and-web-server <- see the part 'Hosted by a minecraft server company'

29. Offline

GhostlyDonut

Oh... im stupid sorry

30. No SQL fix yet? :( Really miss this, otherwise could you put up the pre-SQL change version without this bug?

31. Offline

oliverw92

I'm having a hard time duplicating the issue you are having. See, i do close the connections :S You can find old versions in the download section on the github: https://github.com/oliverw92/DataLog/downloads

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.