[INACTIVE][ADMN/FUN] Humiliation v0.8 - Humiliate Griefers with a Variety of Options [860]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by aPunch, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Offline

aPunch

Under new management:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/humiliation/

Changelog:

Changelog (open)

0.8 - overhauled properties system - now called "humiliation.properties", and it actually works! :)
    - added option to disable automatic death when a player places TNT
    - works with CB recommended build #766
    0.7.1 - fixed NPE when a player attempts to break a WEB block
    - bad-words.txt now comes with 4 bad words already in it!
    0.7 - added /trap and /untrap commands
    - tons of code refactoring
    - plugin.yml is now 50% shorter due to the removal of some unneccesary stuff
    - added README.txt file for proper error-reporting techniques
    - added option to specify nick-color in-game using /humiliate command; if no color is specified, it defaults to "default-nick-color"
    - replaced "nickname-color" config property with "default-nick-color"
    - works with CB recommended build #740
    0.6 - works with CB recommended build #733
    - added /strike command
    - added bad-words.txt; if a player (that does not have the node 'humiliation.admin') says a word
    in bad-words.txt, they are struck by lightning
    0.5 - removed auto-kick for TNT; now player is just blown to smithereens if he tries to place TNT
    (and does not have the 'humiliation.admin' node)
    0.5-alpha2 - throw height is now part of throw command (if none is specified, defaults to "default-throw-height" in config file
    - works with CB recommended build #677
    0.5-alpha1 - added ability to leash players -- not perfect yet
    - 'humiliation.leash' node
    - fixed a silly mistake in v0.4 (didn't actually get rid of onCommand in main class)
    - works with CB recommended build #674
    0.4 - moved all commands to CommandExecutor class
    - works with CB recommended build #670
    0.3.5 - very small bugfixes/code clean-up
    0.3.4 - added colorful throw messages
    - removed [noun] parameter from /slap command
    0.3.3 - fixed /throw command
    - a bit of code re-arranging
    0.3.2 - fixed console message-spam whenever a player with the 'humiliation.admin' node placed a block
    0.3.1 - fixed ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException error -- finally!
    - added /throw [player] command
    0.3 - created Permissions-handling class
    - added LeashMap class to store leashers/leashees for /leash command (LEASH COMMAND
    TEMPORARILY DISABLED)
    - added automatic kick on use of TNT, which is configurable in the config.yml
    - needed bugfixes
    - 'humiliation.admin' Permissions node
    - updated to latest recommended build (CB build600)
    - now uses Permissions v2.5.5
    0.2.2 - ability to leash players
    - more bugfixes
    0.2.1 - small bugfix and code cleanup
    0.2 - console spam fix for /slap command
    - /humiliate nickname color now configurable in config.yml (see Configuration section)
    - now open source
    0.1.1 - added Permissions support
    0.1 - Initial release

2. Offline

Owl

"Still loving the plugin! It's awesome!

I was looking through some other mods and found this http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=61032 , which I thought was really interesting. It's a grappling hook, but it can work like a leash when you attach it to monsters. They're always attached to the rope and you can lock the rope length and stuff. It's single-player only so I'm not sure how useful it is to you, but I thought it might help
    with your leash if you took a peek at the code. The dev even said he doesn't care if you take the code and make it work for multiplayer."

...Is what my friend says to show to you. Maybe it could help with the leash dealie.

3. Offline

SkullM4sher

Thank you so much for creating that. Throw player in the air and watch him die like an idiot is always a nice atraction on my server xD. No more griefing since i install Humiliation :)

Thank you again

4. Offline

Nipper

Hey think you can add freeze player with a freeze list as well. If so would be a nice plugin.

5. Offline

aPunch

Cool idea. I'll add that to the to-do list.

I'm trying to get the /leash ability working. Right now I have it so you can leash someone to you, but it's pretty buggy. I am trying hard to get it working perfectly.

6. Offline

MeinerHosen

Don't know much about coding, but maybe seeing how the wolves' teleport-to-player behavior works?

Unless it's a constant "leashing," then I can see why there would be extra difficulty :p

7. Offline

aPunch

Version 0.5-alpha1 Released!

-added ability to leash players -- not perfect yet
    -'humiliation.leash' node
    -fixed a silly mistake in v0.4 (didn't actually get rid of onCommand in main class)
    -works with CB recommended build #674

** I have labeled this as an alpha release simply because the leash command is not to my liking yet. I know you guys really wanted the ability to leash players, so I've decided to put this out there for those willing to test it out and let me know what needs to be improved.

** I am unable to add a freeze ability because the client has the final say in whether or not a player can move. Sorry! :S

Version 0.5-alpha2 Released!

-throw height is now part of throw command (if none is specified, defaults to
    "default-throw-height" in config file
    -works with CB recommended build #677

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  8. Offline

rrrig756

lolololololol i nicknamed a greifer and his nickname was: immafag

9. Offline

Owl

Hmm... Leash seems to work somewhat, but only through the eyes of the leashee. The leasher doesn't see the person moving at all most of the time, and also, the leashee is occasionally teleported into a cavern underground. IT seems to happen when the leashee should be teleported into the air, but isn't.

10. Offline

aPunch

Version 0.5 Released!

-removed auto-kick for TNT; now player is just blown to smithereens if he tries to place TNT
    (and does not have the 'humiliation.admin' node)

** I haven't been able to really work on the leash code lately. It is really my ultimate goal for this plugin: to get the /leash command working 100% effectively. For now, though, enjoy more lulz! :)

11. Offline

Skirmisher

I cracked up when I read the topic post. XD

It would be nice to to have an in-game command to make a player explode when they place TNT (or maybe just explode right away XD). I would allow some people to place TNT, but when I find a griefer, I could just type "/TNTexplode [user]" or something, then say "here have some TNT" and /give them TNT, then start laughing as they explode. >:D XD (The command probably shouldn't be broadcast to everyone, because then it ruins it all.)

12. Offline

aPunch

Version 0.6 Released!

-works with CB recommended build #733
    -added /strike command
    -added bad-words.txt; if a player (that does not have the node 'humiliation.admin') says a word
    in bad-words.txt, they are struck by lightning

Bad-Words Instructions
    Write words that you do not want your users saying in bad-words.txt:
    Code:
    herp
    derp
    herobrine
    ETA

Save the file, and reload your server! Now, if a player that does not have the node 'humiliation.admin' says one of these words, they will be struck by lightning!

13. Offline

andrewkm

Wow your fast...first one on the 733 train :p nice!

14. Offline

Skirmisher

Sweet! bad-words.txt is gonna be awesome for me :D

15. Offline

atlem

i think there is a bug on the webs, cante destroy them at all

16. Offline

Legionarius

Can we remove the auto kill tnt feature? Humiliation shouldn't act like a protection plugin in my opinion. I love it for what it does already. At least give me an option to allow tnt placement?

Or is there one and I need to let it generate a new config file?

17. Offline

King_Koopa

Permissions isn't working for me. Moderators on my server seem to be able to use this.

18. Offline

aPunch

I have added a spider web trap feature in v0.7 that prevents the breaking of webs unless you have the 'humiliation.admin' node. It isn't a bug, it's more of an overlook on my part. I shouldn't have included that in v0.6, but rather I should have waited until v0.7.

Could you provide more information? Saying "it doesn't work for me" isn't exactly helpful.

I'll add this option in a future update. I have already planned and coded v0.7, which has some new features and tons of code-refactoring/bugfixing. I do not want to add anything to that, so version 0.8 will most likely include this option.

19. Offline

blakefire

0.6 doesnt have the spiderweb trap right?

20. Offline

aPunch

Yes. But somehow the unbreakable-web feature was implemented with 0.6. :S

21. Offline

blakefire

Really i tried /trap [username] didnt work. :p

22. Offline

TruffleDucks

Pesky plumbers

23. Offline

aPunch

Version 0.7 Released! (Major Release)

-added /trap and /untrap commands - 'humiliation.trap' permission node
    -tons of code refactoring
    -plugin.yml is now 50% shorter due to the removal of some unneccesary stuff
    -added README.txt file for proper error-reporting techniques
    -added option to specify nick-color in-game using /humiliate command; if no color is specified,
    it defaults to "default-nick-color"
    -replaced "nickname-color" config property with "default-nick-color"
    -works with CB recommended build #740

Be sure to delete your config files to let a new one generate with the updated properties!

24. Offline

Skirmisher

Can you put in a user-defined list of words that is not detected by bad-words.txt even though they have a word in bad-words.txt inside them? This would be helpful :D

25. Offline

aPunch

Version 0.7.1 Released!

-fixed NPE when a player attempts to break a WEB block
    -bad-words.txt now comes with 4 bad words already in it!

26. Offline

Legionarius

Still kicking people when they use tnt etc... seems odd to branch out and include random WorldGuard functionality. Can we not get a disable_tnt=false line in the config?

I absolutely love the lols this gives to me as an admin, but modularity is a beautiful thing. I can't use this beautiful plugin whilst it steps on my protection plugins. :(

27. Offline

aPunch

I will be adding that option in the next release.

28. Offline

killer66143

Nice work!
    Do you think you can use the spider web cubiod and make it into an Bedrock cubiod? It would make a great jail :D

29. Offline

Waffletastic

The leash isn't working, when I try and type it, it just says i leashed a person and that they leashed me, and nothing happens.

30. Offline

heroanth2345

Hehehe.... I have many bad intentions with this plugin....

31. Offline

Drithyl

I don't know if this was suggested yet, but I'd really like to be able to allow players to place tnt. I mean, just because of that I can't use this plugin, because it is not configurable wether or not players are killed when they do it.

Otherwise great plugin!