[INACTIVE][ADMN] AssignPermissions v1.1 - Set Permissions groups in-game [803]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Yetanotherx, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Offline

Yetanotherx

AssignPermissions - Set Permissions groups in-game:
    Version: v1.1

One of the issues with the Permissions plugin is that the only people who can add people to groups is the tech administrators. This creates an issue for servers who want an "intermediate" or "trusted" group, which would be assigned by moderators. Because most mods don't have access to the text file, the group is impractical. This plugin aims to resolve that.

Download AssignPermissions v1.1
    Source Code

Usage:
    • "/perm-add [username] [group]" - Adds a user to a certain group
    • "/perm-del [username]" - Removes a user's group
    • "/perm-list [group]" - Lists all the users in a group
    Permissions:

Because AssignPermissions is designed to manage a Permissions install, it's kind of obvious that Permissions must be installed. However, I'll state the obvious: Permissions MUST be installed to use AssignPermissions. Here is a list of the different permissions that AssignPermissions relies on:

• "assignpermissions.add.all" - Add users to any group
    • "assignpermissions.add.group.[groupname]" - Add users to a specific group
    • "assignpermissions.del.all" - Remove users from any group
    • "assignpermissions.del.group.[groupname]" - Remove users from a specific group
    • "assignpermissions.list.all" - List any group
    • "assignpermissions.list.group.[groupname]" - List a specific group
    For example, if there is a "Trusted" group that moderators can add and remove, they should receive both the "add.group.Trusted" and "del.group.Trusted" permissions.

Changelog:
    Version 1.1
    • Automatically reloads Permissions plugin

Version 1.0
    • Releasing AssignPermissions.

rcth, Pii, AS1LV3RN1NJA and 3 others like this.
  2. Offline

petfrank

how do you make NEW groups like God or demiGod

3. Offline

gurugamers

Hey. I can't enter the commands without it saying "An internal error occurred".. unless I enter them wrong.

For example, if I just put "/perm-list" it says "/perm-list group" but then if I type "/perm-list admin" it tells me there's an error :eek:

4. Offline

deep

Hello, please, update Your plugin :D

5. Offline

Helfull

there is just the problem with case sensitiv, and when it cant find a user in the group then it return the Error "An internal error occurred". so when u get the error look at the casesensitiv or there is no one in the group

but there is something other what dont work when i reload the permissions with /pr -reload all then i cant use any command from this plugin pls fix this

6. Offline

Stefano

Hi, I installed the plugin and it seemed to work fine. My fellow admin changed my rank to beginner and sure enough I was a beginner. But now I cannot change back to admin.

I have tried everything, manually changing the Permissions 'world.yml' and that even shows me as an admin. Numerous restarts, reinstalling, uninstalling. Nothing. I am on [677] which I understand is ahead of this, but is there a fix or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

7. Offline

MiHo

Great! I need the function to let my mods only give only selected world, so I'll give your plugin a try to replace PermissionsPlus on my server!
    But please UPDATE it!

8. Offline

Stefano

It is OK, my friend did not use my name as case sensitive, and so it created a new me at the bottom of the Permissions config. Just erased it. Thanks, works fine on [677]!

9. Offline

DrClaw

Generates an internal error when listing an empty group on 705.

10. Offline

Nitnelave

684 works fine

11. Offline

Yetanotherx

You have to reload Permissions.

12. Offline

tekac

still getting red internal error command on #711

13. Offline

Nelien

Same bug in 684.

Also, why are all the comments from the world.yml file removed?

14. Offline

JBird

tested on 709 work great

15. Offline

u83rju1c3

it does not reload perms automatically. i still have to manually do this
    a great plugin so far, and thanks! it will be even better when it does reload perms for us. Right now, I have to /perm-add <dewd> <CaPsRiTe> but the permissions do not appear until I actually /pr -reload all
    The other thing I noticed: this does not actually update the world.yml... changes are stored somewhere else? Where are the changes stored? in the zero kb perm_log.log?

16. Offline

Pii

Really help ful!

17. Offline

u83rju1c3

Can someone respond on this issue please?

permissions nodes are wrong, no one except ADMINs can use assignpermissions. even with the permission:

- assignpermissions.*

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  18. Offline

Nitnelave

Is it possible to make it so we can enter the commands in the console? so far if I do "perm-add guy VIP" it says "perm-add username group" and does not add the permission. Thanks for this plugin!

19. Offline

Yetanotherx

Just a quick word of advice to people using this plugin: This plugin will soon become inactive, as the functionality provided here will be included a new plugin. It is still in the works, so I won't go too much into it.

20. Offline

PeanutTheMan

For some reason, whenever I use these commands, nothing happens. I am on 1.5_02 server, and I have checked the permissions nodes countless times. But. it won't work.

21. Offline

johngear

Help when i try to write /perm-add or /perm-list i got this error

org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'perm
    -list' in plugin AssignPermissions v1.1
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:85
    )
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:2
    55)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.
    java:677)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:640)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:634)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:195)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:74)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:370)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at yetanotherx.bukkitplugin.AssignPermissions.AssignPermissions.onComman
    d(AssignPermissions.java:215)
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
    ... 12 more
    >

22. Offline

capsar

this plugin does what it needs to do

23. Offline

Apasalic

This plugin would be useful if it was *Updated* :-(

24. Offline

TheBeast808

I love this plugin, but it could use a bit of work like fixing the problem that it seems sometimes double add a user.

25. Offline

carmelcorn

Hey, don't mean to be pushy, but are you planning on updating this? I used to love it :D

26. Offline

Yetanotherx

I am planning on updating this, as the planned project isa going on the backburner until Bukkit implements native Permissions.

27. Offline

Troxis97

how do i create a group in the first place

28. Offline

TheBarkingFrog

This looks great, gonna get this once it's updated, just the thing I was looking for. :D

29. Offline

Ideal-Hosting

It should be updated.

30. Offline

Keav

I have a problem with this plugin. First of all, the idea is really great and I really need it on my server, but the problem is that it totally corrupts my permissions conifig. It deletes spaces and messes up the order so that nothing works anymore and it also scrambles up some things, I would really love to see a fix for that...

31. Offline

ThatGuy295

Update?

-Much appreciated