[INACTIVE][ADMIN] Yeditor v1.2 (β) - Edit Permissions on the fly [740]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Samkio, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Offline

Samkio

Yeditor (Yedit) v1.2 [ALL] (β)
    Description
    Yeditor allows you to edit the the permissions file in game. Similar to that of hMods modify commands. At the moment it is fairly limited but i will extend as time persists :).

Works on 2.5.1 Permissions! (Default world name).
    Note: It changes the format of your config. This is nothing to worry about the permissions will still work. :)

Features:
    Note requires Permissions.
    Also add "yeditor.editor" as a permission node for editors.
    * /yt(/yedit) add <player> <group> - Adds player to a group.
    * /yt del <player> - Removes the player altogether from the permissions.
    * /yt modify <player> <group> - Changes a players group.
    * <font color="rgb(255, 0, 0)">/yt addC <group|player> <command.node> - Adds a command node to a group or player. Not updated.</font>
    * Then once done type /permissions to reload permissions.

Download <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

ChangeLog
    * v1 : Released
    * v1.1 : Update for 400+. Should work on all permission formats.
    * v1.2: Update for permissions 2.4.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2016
    TheYeti, ssechaud, komes and 3 others like this.
  2. Offline

MacG32

The plugin that never fails and confirmed working great with CB #680. :)

Samkio likes this.
  3. Offline

Ryole

Wont work with CB 695 and Permissions 2.7

4. Offline

MadcowD

Please update for the console reload and console yedit support

5. Offline

TuRmoiLxx

@Samkio could you move the DL link to DLDropbox or something?

6. Offline

pagan0ne

WONDERFUL plugin, would love to see multiworld support, at the very least it should modify the permissions file for the world the user is currently in, and then accept a world argument to modify other worlds as well (would be REALLY nice) - a tip for those people with issues reloading permissions - add the node 'permissions.reload' to your user and that user can then ALWAYS '/permissions -reload all' to reload permissions.... my node looks like:

permissions: [yeditor.editor, permissions.reload]

this allows me to edit and reload permissions files no matter what group im in.

hope this helps some people out!

7. Offline

GmK

It works...and works...and works....and works.....

Thank you Samkio!

Samkio likes this.
  8. Offline

MacG32

Didn't know if this should be able to work in a Linux screen, so I tried by typing yt add player New and got this error.

Code:
    [WARNING] Unexpected exception while parsing console command
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'yt' in plugin Yeditor v1.2
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:80)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:247)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:394)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:379)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.command.ColouredConsoleSender cannot be cast to org.bukkit.entity.Player
        at me.samkio.yedit.Yeditor.onCommand(Yeditor.java:80)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
        ... 6 more
    Otherwise, always works perfect within the game screen and currently CB #714. :)

9. Offline

Plague

Don't use a plus sign in the version tag. If you really need to use more versions, use [X-Y] or [X,Y].
    And don't even think about using ALL...

Torrent and Samkio like this.
  10. Offline

Ghappy

can somebody help me with this? whenever i use it, it kindof messes up my Permissions file
    it rewrites the permission files so that everything is in 1 long ass line, instead of the organized default with a new line for everything

CraftBukkit 733
    Permissions 2.7

11. Offline

Samkio

12. Offline

Ghappy

Need more assist with this :p sorry

i need to change a users group, without chaning the users permission nodes or prefix/suffixes, however
    using just addPlayer() doesnt seem to change the group, if its already in one
    and the 'modify' command appears to do the exact same thing as the 'add' command, and obviously first using delPlayer() and then addPlayer() erases all existing permission nodes and prefixes on the user :(
    any way i can do this? :)

Thanks for making this awesome plugin nonetheless!

13. Offline

ichingpow

Can you fix it so it actually works from console and add a call for /permissions -reload all or is that not possible using bukkit? :3 Thank you very much

14. Offline

ZachBora

Samkio, can you make it work from console?

Code:
    2011-04-30 10:10:46 [WARNING] Unexpected exception while parsing console command
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'yt' in plugin Yeditor v1.2
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:85)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:247)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:394)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:379)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.command.ColouredConsoleSender cannot be cast to org.bukkit.entity.Player
        at me.samkio.yedit.Yeditor.onCommand(Yeditor.java:80)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
        ... 6 more

15. Offline

pagan0ne

did you see my above quote? would it be possible to make this multi-world compatible? and the tip about the permissions node 'permissions.reload' is really useful in working with this plugin btw, it allows a user to reload permissions w/o needing console access.

16. Offline

Jeffmcgee

just wondering if this will be updated to run with the latest version of permissions? and will it continue to be updated alongside permissions?

17. Offline

pagan0ne

It works with the latest version of permissions already, it does not directly interact with permissions, just parses the permissions .yml file (currently it is only capable of editing the .yml file for the main world - the world set in server.properties) Note that as he states in the FP that this will "re format" your permissions .yml file(s) to be compatible with this plugin.... back up the files before hand in case you dislike the format enough to drop the plugin - it will not revert them for you - personally i like the new format.

As far as it being updates, i hope so, i want to see added functionality too, like the ability to modify the permissions for the current world you in (by default) or permissions for other worlds as well with command options (ie: /yt modify $WORLD $USER $VALUE) however as of yet this functionality is not present, and the author seems to be very slow in releasing the update (lets hope thats because he's implementing nifty features as discussed here and throughly debugging the code - note: Samkio - if you see this, i will be happy to help you test/debug any dev versions you may want to share :) )

Samkio likes this.
  18. Offline

ZachBora

I've noticed some problems using the command, it appears sometimes it adds a new entry in my world.yml instead of modifying the existin entry.

It's hard to tell exactly what causes this... maybe my companions use /yt add instead of /yt modify? Maybe it is case-sensitive when searching the file? Maybe the file is too big and plugin gives up search? Maybe the entry was already present twice with the same rank in the file and yeditor only changes the last entry?

In any case, once the file contains 2 entries with different rank, I get weird behaviors. iChat uses the rank of the last entry but for other permissions it uses the first entry in the file. So user looks Rank X but has permissions of rank Y.

I can send you my permission file if you need to test with it.

19. Offline

Samkio

For world support:
    Admins change world to choose which file?
    Or part of the command?

20. Offline

ZachBora

Problem is, if you need to be on the world to use the command and its a brand new world, you won't have the yeditor permission. So you'd need to give yourself permissions before travelling to the other world.

At the same time, it means you couldn't say have a Neutral world and a Team A world and Team B world with each their own admins with their own permissions modifiers. This is if someone wanted to create some sort of pvp mmo with chiefs that couldn't alter the opposing team. But I myself don't need this yet. I'm just speculating here.

The way the current permission plugin just doesn't support such system. It would need a server permission file (other than making people OP) along with the current system. If you have permission on the server file you'd have it on every world. (Unless I am wrong?)

To make it short :
    Either force to be on the world you want to modify or
    Verify if the user has permission to use yeditor on the world argument supplied.

21. Offline

Plague

considered inactive then

You know officially you can use report button for moving back to releases ;)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
    Torrent and Samkio like this.
  22. Offline

Samkio

@Plague
    Ooh didn't know that. Thanks :D

23. Offline

pagan0ne

Why not both? if no world argument is given default to current world issuer is in. if a world argument is present, act on that worlds permissions?

24. Offline

ZachBora

The problem with this is when 2 arguments are variable.
    You could have a world named like someone's name.

Unless the last argument is the world and isn't required.

25. Offline

pagan0ne

well, you could format it like "/yt modify $player $value $world" or you could format it like "/yt modify w:$world p:$player v:$value" and if there is no w:xxxxx then assume current world...?

26. Offline

robberocker

Yeah it works just tested out Yeah gonna do tomorrow some more test but it works now :-D

Samkio likes this.
  27. Offline

Lykkepillen

I don't know if this is a problem for the plugin, but it would be nice if the plugin kept the new world.yml format (Permissions).

When i installed the plugin it changed all my users to:
    Lykkepillen: {group: Admins, permissions: null}

But if i use the '/yt modify Lykkepillen Members' command, it changes back to the original format:
    Lykkepillen:
    group: Members
    permissions: []

Could you look into this?

Another thing that would be nice where if the plugin used the "/permissions -reload all" command after making a change, so you don't have to type in two commands.

Beside then that, the plugin works like a charm! =)

28. Offline

Samkio

@Lykkepillen
    I'll see if bukkit has another YAML parser.

29. Offline

robberocker

Hi
    I tied it a couple time and yeah two words Fu*king Awesome
    It always works by me yeah Cool Keep it going make more plugins like this :-D
    Greetings :-D

Samkio likes this.
  30. Offline

maetthew

Thank you for this! Exactly what I am looking for.

But I am wondering one thing. If a moderator does /yt modify himself admins will he be able to make himself admin? :p

31. Offline

Samkio