[INACTIVE][ADMIN] MCStats v2.7 - Minecraft player statistics [868]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by deltahat, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Offline

deltahat

MCStats - Minecraft player statistics:
    Version: v2.7

MCStats is a statistics plugin for the bukkit. MCStats periodically generates xml,
    json, js, and html files containing server statistics. Optionally, MCStats can also serve these files using an embedded web server. Using the embedded web server, the html stats report can be served directly from your Minecraft server. No need for messy apache installs.

For group support to work you must also install and configure the Permissions plugin v2.5.4+.

Please read the README - https://github.com/rmichela/MCStats2

Features:
    • Tracks many player statistics
    • Built in web server
    • Integrates with external systems using raw data feeds
    • Supports reading group affiliation from Permissions
    • Supports reporting iConomy account balances
    Download: https://github.com/rmichela/MCStats2/downloads
    Source: https://github.com/rmichela/MCStats2

Changelog (open)

Version 2.1
    • Initial port to bukkit
    Version 2.2
    • Fixed initial startup config issues. Now generates meaningful config when first initialized.
    • Fixed directory problems that forced files under Plugins directory
    Version 2.3
    Version 2.4
    • Added ignoreGroups config option
    Version 2.5
    • Fixed group name case problems
    • Created Ops group based on ops.txt
    • Only show groups player is explicitly assigned to
    • Embedded web server can now serve customized html report
    Version 2.5.1
    • Bukkit 602 support
    Version 2.6
    • Fixed bug where players in default group were erroneously ignored.
    • Fixed incompatibility with GroupManager FakePermission
    • Verified support with CB612, MC2.4, and Permissions 2.5.5
    Version 2.6.1
    • Fixed strange incompatibility with iConomy.
    Version 2.7
    • Fixed Permissions group loading bug
    • Fixed inaccurate step count bug
    • Added proper iConomy support

2. Offline

TE5LA

Is there no way to specify the group names in your config and assign a value to each, then check from the highest down? Something like:

Admin=4
    Mod=3
    VIP=2
    Member=1
    Default=0

or in my case:

King=4
    Duke=3
    Baron=2
    Citizen=1
    Peasant=0

Then display only the highest value in the list? Or use the total of all their groups to determine their title? ie: King = 10 (4+3+2+1+0)

Maybe a dumb idea...

3. Offline

CorneliousJD

While I love this plugin, some weird things are happening... I'm getting dual group listings and the capitalizaton is entirelyt off... Also one user shows up as green for some reason?...

http://techjawa.com/minecraft/stats/

4. Offline

deltahat

Yeah...groups are a little wonky right now. I'm working on it.

5. Offline

CorneliousJD

How can I disable them? I edited the HTML file that it generates, but the web-server still serves its own version? Not sure what I should do to fix that?

Also, whats up with the one guy being hilighted in green? Any idea?

6. Offline

eleMentalist

Code:
    [SEVERE] [MCStats] Error writing stats user files.
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: /html/stats/mcstats.xml (No such file or directory)
    I keep getting this message even though I have the complete stats folder at /html/stats/.
    And here is my config:
    Code:
    playersToPurge: ''
    secondsBetweenSaves: '10'
    secondsBetweenPageRefreshes: '10'
    resourceSaveDirectory: /html/stats/
    httpServerContextRoot: /html/stats/
    httpPort: 8112
    webserverEnabled: true
    EDIT: so changing resourceSaveDirectory to "html/stats" seems to have fixed the problem, but now nothing gets saved to the mcstats.xml.

EDIT 2: And now it seems to be working... I think it may have something to do with my Permissions plugin not setup right.

7. Offline

deltahat

MCStats 2.5 Released

Features:
    1. Modified HTML report can now be delivered via embedded web server. Make sure you set overwriteHtmlReport to false so that your changes aren't overwritten.
    2. Ops are indicated by the Ops group even when Permissions is not installed.
    Bug fixes:
    1. Only groups the player is explicitly assigned to are displayed. This allows group hierarchies in Permissions without polluting the report.
    2. Group name casing is now consistent.

Fixed in 2.5.

Fixed in 2.5.

Make sure to remove the preceding slash in your resourceSaveDirectory setting unless you want your reports going to the root of your filesystem.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  8. Offline

fregman

a multiworld support would be great

9. Offline

CorneliousJD

Added this to our server Wiki.
    http://techjawa.com/minecraft/index.php?title=Statistics

Looking great, on 2.5, but is there a way to get the users groups fixed by editing a file somewhere? I'm not sure when the next time a few of them will have time to log in, and I want their groups fixed w/out them logging in if possible! Thanks!

10. Offline

deltahat

You can always purge them.

11. Offline

CorneliousJD

I didn't want to lose their data though :( Plus that pockit11 user is all jacked up and I dont know why?
    I purged him and now he wont show back up???

12. Offline

imaxorz

I had a issues on my server where my date was off by 1 month, so now for some players online time is -700 hours ha.

What files can I manually edit to fix this? Or is purging the only way to go?

I actually did try to purge, but it did seem to work. This is how I enteted the names

Playerstopurge: 'name name name name name name'

After a server restart the playerstopurge went back to just '' but the players that were in quotes were not reset.

13. Offline

rodm13

Would it be possible to add some method to directly modify the stats data to make things like transitioning from another stats plugin easier? Possibly some kind of way to either directly change the stats database or a method like the purge on load to add some value to a specific entry (like to add 12 hours and 1000 placed blocks to a player entry)?

14. Offline

deltahat

@rodm13 - I'm considering some major overhauls for MCStats, but they may all become moot once Mojang drops the stats/achievements bomb with the next release.

@imaxorz - try removing the single quotes. It's also case sensitive. Also, the command is playersToPurge. Again, case sensitive.

15. Offline

nitroxygen

since i updated to version 2.5 the plugin has not added any new people, it still adds to the people who are already on it but it wont add anyone new.

16. Offline

deltahat

I just commented on your issue on github. Are you getting any file permissions errors in your console?

17. Offline

Jobsti

Heyho @deltahat

I've updated from 2.3 to 2.5, now the console spams the following error, If an User is on the Server: (No Errors on ServerStart or an empty Server)
    PHP:
    [SCHWERWIEGENDCould not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to MCStats2
    java
    .lang.NoSuchMethodErrorcom.nijiko.permissions.PermissionHandler.inSingleGroup(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Z
            at com
    .ryanmichela.MCStats2.service.GroupService.getGroups(GroupService.java:55)

at com.ryanmichela.MCStats2.controller.StatsController.ignorePlayer(StatsController.java:165)

at com.ryanmichela.MCStats2.controller.StatsController.travelAMeter(StatsController.java:71)

at com.ryanmichela.MCStats2.controller.StatsPlayerListener.onPlayerMove(StatsPlayerListener.java:53)

at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:192)

at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)

at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:255)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:124)

at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)

at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:76)

at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:357)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:272)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    I use GroupManager 1.0-alpha-5 and #556

18. Offline

deltahat

@Jobsti - upgrade your Permissions plugin.

19. Offline

CorneliousJD

Yeah no new players are being added for me either, no server/console errors though...

20. Offline

Volacious

I got 9-12 active people on my server, but only 2 listed on my stats page, two of whom are in the Admins group.
    I have 2 people in my admins group in Permissions, where they have the permissions: - '*' flags, I'm starting to suspect, since I can't get any new people on my statestics either, that I need something like,

Code:
        OCD:
            default: true
            info:
                prefix: ''
                suffix: ''
                build: true
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'MCStats.*'

Could this be the issue in any way? As it is now, the OCD group has no permissions other than to build. - and they do not inherit anything from the default group further up in my yml file of the permissions plugin.

I had the people who initially got added to the statestics page in my ops.txt file, but I removed both after installing permissions again, and that doesn't seem to matter much.

So, could it be that there is something we are missing regarding permissions, for group support? I don't really want to add everyone into Admins group!

This is my MCStats config.yml

Code:
    resourceSaveDirectory: /storage/www/XXXXXX/minecraft/surv/stats
    statsBaseResource: index
    # ignoreGroups: default
    webserverEnabled: false

Edit 1 :

By adding everyone (That wants on stat page) to admins group which has * permissions, they appear on the stats list.

So I'm not sure which flag has to be set there.

Or maybe, even though I haven't tried, they just need to be in the permissions list, even if just in default?, time to try!

Edit 2 :

I have confirmed that you just need them in the permissions files if you want group support (And them to actually appear on the list)

Example:

Code:
    groups:
        OCD:
            default: true
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
        Admins:
            default: false
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - '*'

Code:
    users:
        User1:
            group: Admins
            permissions:
        User2:
            group: Admins
            permissions:
        User3:
            group: OCD
            permissions:

So as you can see, the asteriks won't matter any, they just need to be present

Also, I love this plugin! <3

21. Offline

snatch182

Hi,
    I was using older version but it stops to work so I downloaded other, and I get those errors after server launch:

Code:
    18:33:29 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to MCStats2
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.nijiko.permissions.PermissionHandler.inSingleGroup(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Z
        at com.ryanmichela.MCStats2.service.GroupService.getGroups(GroupService.java:55)
        at com.ryanmichela.MCStats2.controller.StatsController.ignorePlayer(StatsController.java:165)
        at com.ryanmichela.MCStats2.controller.StatsController.travelAMeter(StatsController.java:71)
        at com.ryanmichela.MCStats2.controller.StatsPlayerListener.onPlayerMove(StatsPlayerListener.java:53)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:192)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:255)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:124)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:76)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:357)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:272)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)

Help plz.

22. Offline

Volacious

Are you using Permissions 2.5 (Phoenix) ?,
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ad...ow-with-real-multiworld-permissions-556.5974/

23. Offline

snatch182

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  24. Offline

Volacious

As stated in earlier posts, I'm afraid you need the correct plugin for this, for groups to work. Plugins needs to be able to talk with eachother, and I don't think MCStats is coded for GroupManager, hence your current error as another person is having as well!

25. Offline

snatch182

Hmm but I was using previous version with GroupManager not Permissions...

26. Offline

deltahat

@Volacious - I think there is a bug in the group detection support. I'll look into it for 2.6. Someone else has had issues with adding new users as well.

@snatch182 - In 2.5 I started using more features from the Permissions API. GroupManager can spoof Permissions, but it may not have implemented the entire permissions API.

I'll have to add some GroupManager support directly in the next release.

Jobsti likes this.
  27. Offline

Volacious

Keep in mind I did get it working by adding them under users in the permissions yml, like I quoted - Works perfectly that way!

28. Offline

CorneliousJD

So as it stands right now, if a user is not listed in the permissions file explicitly they dont get tracked. can we get a hotfix that fixes this issues as soon as you can? I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks deltahat!!! :D

29. Offline

deltahat

@CorneliousJD - You are correct. There will be a fix as soon as I can.

30. Offline

CorneliousJD

Sounds great, thanks for your hard work on the plugin, it looks great embedded into our server wiki!

31. Offline

imaxorz

I am still having issues. Please help me out. Here is my config file.

playersToPurge: ''
    secondsBetweenSaves: '900'
    resourceSaveDirectory: /var/www/
    secondsBetweenPageRefreshes: '900'
    httpServerContextRoot: /var/www/
    httpPort: 8124
    webserverEnabled: true
    httpBacklog: 15
    ignoreGroups: Guest

This is the error I get
    15:01:28 [SEVERE] [MCStats] Error writing stats user files.
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: /var/www/mcstats.xml (Permission denied)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:179)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:70)
    at java.io.PrintWriter.<init>(PrintWriter.java:146)
    at com.ryanmichela.MCStats2.model.StatsModel.saveUserFile(StatsModel.java:154)
    at com.ryanmichela.MCStats2.model.StatsModel.saveUserFiles(StatsModel.java:127)
    at com.ryanmichela.MCStats2.model.StatsModel$StatsTimerTask.run(StatsModel.java:182)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)

When I go into plugins/MCStats2/var/www/mcstats.xml nothing is there it didn't create any files, and it keeps throwing that error. Howeever...
    http://72.9.144.40:8124/var/www/mcstats.xml
    http://72.9.144.40:8124/var/www/mcstats.js
    http://72.9.144.40:8124/var/www/mcstats.json

All seem to exist and are getting updated as they should. What could be the problem?

This only happens with the new versions. As soon I replace the .jar with an older version (this one http://www.shadecrest.com/misc/MCStats2.jar) it actually creates the files and I can see them in those folders.

The var and www folder permissions are set to 0775 and the files inside are 664 by default after they were created by the plug in.