In need of a simple NPC making tutorial

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by turelis, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

turelis

Hello fellow coders,

I've been looking on the forums and also trying to reverse engineer other peoples code to try and understand how this is done however I'm having a blast of failure at this point.

I'm trying to find a simple piece of code that explains how I create a human entity in world and give it an ID or type, from this I can then start constructing behavior tables such as summons that fight for you, NPC's that can sell goods or buys goods, etc.

If someone can help me with understanding how I can do the basic of creating an NPC entity that would be brilliant.

Thank you!

2. Offline

damospiderman

3. Offline

turelis

Thats what I'm looking at now, but it's refering to using sprout and net.minecraft libraries which I don't have, is there a jar for the class API reference I'm suppose to download and are these automatically somewhere or do I have to compile a heap of other packages inside my own plugin when I build it with this?

4. Offline

damospiderman

When I've used it I've just included the source code into my project and then added the craftbukkit and spout jars to my libs. It wont use Spout unless the server has it anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.