In-Game Console

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by DT_Rush, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Offline

DT_Rush

I want a plugin that lets you watch your console in-game. And maybe if you type a command like /cmd or /igc it would stop showing the console in-game.

2. Offline

TopGear93

hmm, sounds like a great idea. Ill have to do some research and see what i can find. Im not sure if theres a way to capture the logger in player messages.

EDIT:// To make this plugin would require heavy coding.its not easy to read the logger.

3. Offline

Chiller

No it is not...unless if you want to write a file then read from that file?!

4. Offline

TopGear93

well yea you can read the server.txt file but he wants to read all new messages. Getting the latest line from a file is fairly difficult.

EDIT:/// lol, i just figured out a simple read last line. haha

5. Offline

vildaberper

You can set the loggers filter to a custom one that sends the message to a player.
    To make sure it would work with other plugins that use the filter, remember to save the loggers current filter and call its functions in yours.

6. Offline

NuclearW

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  7. Offline

Gaidoon

Ive never made a plugin before but i think you would need a modded client to go along with the plugin also such as changes to the GUI.

8. Offline

DT_Rush

Thanks! May I suggest the color of the console in chat be gray to distinguish it from regular chat and also a message that says igc enabled/disabled when you use the command

9. Offline

NuclearW

Go ahead and make that an issue for me on the issues page and I'll get to it when I can.

10. Offline

UltiFix

Hmm i will have to try this...

11. Offline

NuclearW

mboy289

It might be a bit old, but feel free to poke through my old source linked above for any help you might need if you're going to remake this.