Solved Import project in Eclipse

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Freelix2000, Jan 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Freelix2000

Hello, I am having some trouble with importing projects in Eclipse. The project I am trying to import is a directory that I copied from the workspace as a backup, but I can't seem to put it back on the workspace. Dragging and dropping copies the files into an existing project but it won't let me create a new project for the imported one or replace the source folder in the existing one with the imported one. Could someone please give me a step-by-step process for how to place a directory copied from the workspace back onto the workspace?

2. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@Freelix2000, how exactly did you save this? Did you just copy the entire workspace, or just the project? A workspace is easy to deal with, project, not so much.

3. Offline

Freelix2000

4. Offline

MCMatters

Copy the project folder into workspace folder

Then f5
    @Freelix2000

<Edited by bwfcwalshy: Merged posts, please use the edit button rather than double posting.>

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2015
  5. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@MCMatters @Freelix2000, it's not that simple. Eclipse only adds projects to the UI (i have no better way to say that) if they are added using the program itself. Things dropped in the directory will never appear.

GrandmaJam likes this.
  6. Offline

MCMatters

@Tecno_Wizard it is you just need to create a java project with the name of the copied folder

7. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@MCMattersi i've dropped them straight into an existing one and they still do not show up.

GrandmaJam likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.