import org.bukkit.Player; broken?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by joshcvb, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

joshcvb

import org.bukkit.Player;

I can not get this resolved in the build for bukkit #56 has it changed to something else because I can't find anywhere that it says that it has changed or is broken. Thanks

2. Offline

Selbram

3. Offline

org.bukkit.entity.player

4. Offline

joshcvb

that didn't help, I've already replaced that in my plugin. Eclipse can't import that player cmd out of the referenced bukkit.jar build #56. Its the only thing holding me up.
    --- merged: Jan 18, 2011 8:26 PM ---
    the import declaration for org.bukkit.entity.player wont work either for me. I've checked to make sure that the bukkit snapshot is corectly linked to my plugin also

5. Offline

MysticX

org.bukkit.entity.Player, it is case-sensitive, if that is the problem..
    Eclipse is helping you a lot there, just push CTRL+Space while typing, and it will show you possibilities to complete your input!

Also, have you added bukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar correctly as an external library for your project?

6. Offline

JesusGreen

If like me you copy-pasted the sample code linked in the Wiki then there should be a few changes to make:

org.bukkit.Player --> org.bukkit.entity.Player
    org.bukkit.Block --> org.bukkit.block.Block
    org.bukkit.BlockFace --> org.bukkit.block.BlockFace

And finally:

Code:
     public <pluginname>(PluginLoader pluginLoader, Server instance, PluginDescriptionFile desc, File plugin, ClassLoader cLoader) {
            super(pluginLoader, instance, desc, plugin, cLoader);
    -->

Code:
     public <pluginname>(PluginLoader pluginLoader, Server instance, PluginDescriptionFile desc, File folder, File plugin, ClassLoader cLoader) {
            super(pluginLoader, instance, desc, folder, plugin, cLoader);
    Hope this helps :)

Edit: I've just noticed other people have posted this in pretty much every thread there is on the subject, even here, so hopefully you've solved it already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.