Solved Implementing VaultAPI 1.5.x

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by pookeythekid, Mar 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

pookeythekid

The title pretty much says it. How does one implement VaultAPI these days? I've already downloaded the (API) repository, put it in my JDK, added in the missing build paths, exported the jar file, and put it back into my plugin's build path. But apparently the plugin still fails to link to Vault--and before anyone asks, I do have the latest/matching version of Vault installed on my server. Any ideas?

Edit: I've also used both setupEconomy methods (on BukkitDev and GitHub) that Vault provides. Granted they do pretty much the same thing, but the code is actually different between them.

2. Offline

pie_flavor

@pookeythekid Use the RegisteredServiceProvider thingy they have on the DBO plugin main page. Always works for me. Also, put depend: [Vault] in plugin.yml

3. Offline

pookeythekid

@pie_flavor Already have it. I said in the OP I did try both methods--DBO and GitHub page--and I do have the plugin.yml all perfectly fine. The plugin worked perfectly (with Vault; there were still a few bugs) in its older versions, but it's the new VaultAPI implementation that's throwing me off.

Here's the repo if you want to see the code (although it probably doesn't matter much): https://github.com/pookeythekid/SignTP.git

4. Offline

xTigerRebornx

@pookeythekid I don't recall a new "VaultAPI implementation" being a thing. Its still implemented as they specify. Define what "fails to link to Vault" means. Is there an error? What happens?

5. Offline

pookeythekid

@xTigerRebornx If you take a look at the Vault repo, they mention that you no longer use the actual plugin jar file as API. In Vault 1.4.1, and I guess since dawn of VaultAPI before that, you used the plugin file as a build path; now they say you need to actually use the API as API, and the plugin as a plugin.

Anyway, by "fails to link to Vault" I mean the setupEconomy method returns false.

6. Offline

pie_flavor

@pookeythekid Download the VaultAPI, then do the same thing as normal. What's the issue here?

7. Offline

pookeythekid

@pie_flavor Erm... the problem is that setupEconomy returns false for whatever reason. With matching Vault versions between plugin and server. I honestly wouldn't be here if I didn't try everything I knew / could guess to fix it.

8. Offline

xTigerRebornx

@pookeythekid That just means there is no Economy installed. You need an Economy plugin installed that supports vault for the method to work

9. Offline

pookeythekid

@xTigerRebornx It amazes me how much of an idiot I can be.... I used to use my own economy plugin to test Vault things, but I removed it since I started updating it, and apparently I forgot Vault needs an economy plugin to work and all... Anyway, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.