[]IDEA[] Or maybe it already exists?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Rjames426, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Rjames426

I just checked out my PEX file and there are hundreds of usernames that I know are either ban or do not play on my server anymore, is there a plugin, or anyway possible, to auto remove players from the database, say after a certain amount of weeks of inactivity? Just a thought I had.

EDIT: Please post you thoughts below and let the community and Devs know if this should be implemented!

2. As far as I know, noone has made a script for this yet. My suggestion would be to put this idea to the dev to see if they can implement this allowing entries to be removed from config files based on a list of names.

3. Offline

Rjames426

Great suggestion, just PMed the Dev!

4. Offline

TheBeast808

Why? It wouldn't offer that much of a performance gain, and it could make a lot of players lose their ranks.

5. Offline

Rjames426

If a player does not log on to your server, say for one month, then his or her name will be removed from the database. Chances are if they have not been on your server for over a month they are not coming back. Also if this WAS implemented i'm sure there would be a "white-list" of names that could not be removed.

Simplicity is key, having a config file with hundreds or even thousands of usernames. . . that's not simple (or needed)

6. Offline

evilmidget38

I really like this idea. I think it would be best done if the list was instead a list of ranks that can be removed. For example, anyone with the default rank who disappears for a month probably isn't coming back.

7. Offline

Rjames426

You are saying, to have an option sort of like this. . .
    Code:
    Groups.being.checked= Guest, Member
    to ensure players in your "Mod", "VIP", or "Builder" groups do not get removed. . . and anyone in the groups specified will be removed after your set period of time.

Correct?

8. Offline

evilmidget38

Yeah, something like that.

9. Offline

M1dude

Seriously? There is a command within pex to do this. :D Do /pex, you can even specify the time for the users lat login.

10. Offline

number1_Master

bPermissions has a clear command. BPERMS FTW!

11. Offline

Rjames426

When I execute the command /pex users cleanup Member 30 it says "Cleaned 0 users"

12. Offline

M1dude

idk, I have never used it.

13. Offline

Rjames426

Hmm, maybe I will try and get a hold of the Dev.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.