[Idea] Avatar - The last airbender. Bending abilitys

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by libraryaddict, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Offline

libraryaddict

Yes. I am a coder. No. I don't have time for this.

This idea's been sitting in my head for a while now.

Basically, If you watch the show you already know about the bending abilitys.

With the update on 'Falling Block' you can now have block entitys.

I don't think this would look TOO pretty. But someone could work on adding bending in.

Earthbender, Turn blocks into falling block entitys then maniplate their velocity to direct to where they aim.
    Say the player right clicks with a tool on the block. Then right clicks where he wants it. The block shoots up to the players level then shoots off in the direction.

Firebender. Simpler but you need to think of the best way to do this :\
    I don't think falling block would allow for fire. Which may mean packet juggling and the player sees the block 'fire' in item form shooting towards them. Ofc catching them on fire as well as knocking them back a little.

Airbender. Needs to have something transparentish which probably means glass, Right click somewhere to send a small whirlwind of glass blocks towards the target. Pushes any entitys away.

Water bender. I think this would be best done by flowing water and setting data values. A form of 'water flowing upwards' by setting the datavalues of water progressively upwards. Refusing to let it flow away while maniplated.

By this. I mean someone in creative mode could right click water. Then while maniplating it fly straight up.
    Observers would see a half circle floating in the air. Doubt you understood this explaination.

If this doesn't make sense. Gah..

2. Offline

Ne0nx3r0

firecopy and chakyl like this.
  3. Offline

xSPULLERx

I've always thought the same. Love the idea created in Avatar and always wanted something like this. I wouldn't be willing to this solo but if anyone wants to help out, we could make something great. In my head I can see some methods to make the elements work.