I need help with my server!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by JTNCrafter, May 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

JTNCrafter

I want to create my server, and I do not know how to fix this. I have portforwarded it, but I probably incorrectly set it up. Now, I ran it and did ' canyouseeme.org ' it failed. (Connection Timed Out)

Online Mode: ON
    IP: (PLACED IPv4)
    Firewall: Wish I knew if it was the problem...

Help please!

2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@JTNCrafter
    1. Are you sure you accepted the EULA. You cannot join the server unless you do that.
    2. If you run the server file, can you connect to your server using "local host"? If not, post the console log.
    3. Else, if you can join the server, but not through the external Ip, check to make sure the IP has been ported forwarded for Both (either listed as "Both", or listed as "UTP/TCP"). Also check that you are doing this to port 25565, and that the server.properties file has the port listed as 25565.
    [Edit] Also, make sure you do not put the IP in the server.properties file. Bukkit detects the IP for you, so putting anything there may cause this problem.

3. Offline

JTNCrafter

Hello Zombie_Striker, of course I have accepted EULA, I can't get server.properties if I didn't! I am able to join my own server. The port is listed as 'both' for local/range of 25565. I do know that. I will try not putting on the IP.

4. Offline

JTNCrafter

Yeah, it would be great to be able to make my own server! :3

5. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@JTNCrafter
    If you want me to respond, please tahg me so I am notified when you post.

Have you tried restarting your router? Depending on what type you are using, some posts on other threads say that restarting applies the changes to the ports. Remember that doing this may change your IP, so make sure you are using the new IP after restarting the router.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.