I need a how to!

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by QBcrusher, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

QBcrusher

Ok, so I am a complete noob at java. But, there is a couple simple plugins that I would like to see updated for 1.2 so I would like to take it upon myself to learn just enough to fix them. How would i go about doing this? I am a quick leaner, if somebody points me in the right direction, i'm sure i could figure it out. Thanks

2. Offline

Necromancery

First thing I can say is what is the plugin because the level of coding in it might still be too hard for you.
    You would also need to learn new and old method names and see what is still possible.

3. Offline

QBcrusher

4. Offline

Necromancery

Did you look at the code yet and see if you understand the basics like math,booleans etc?
    If so its mainly up dating methods

5. Offline

QBcrusher

i dont even know how to get to the code, thats the problem lol. I have literally never done anything with java before. Id just like to learn enough that i can maintain some of my servers features without relying on others

6. Offline

Necromancery

You need to start at basics and get your self a book or a video.
    With out someone's help to teach it will take you a bit longer to learn but it is well worth it to learn anyway. I would help as much as I can but I am not a good coder yet my self.

7. Offline

QBcrusher

yeah, i am decent at teaching myself stuff if i have enough interest. do you know any free online tutorials that would teach me enough to do it?

8. Offline

Necromancery

I think the newboston tutorials are ok but it is better to find a book at the library and none of that for dummy's crap.

9. Offline

QBcrusher

alright, thanks for the advice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.