I keep getting kicked off my own server.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by LegoPal92, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

LegoPal92

Whenever i do /pl or type a message longer than 119 characters, I get kicked off of my server, the same goes for any of my players. This started with the new recommended build. 1.2.5 R2.0 I dont know if this is supposed to happen, but it does. It happens even on vanilla servers.

How can i fix this?

TnT EvilSeph feildmaster

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  2. Offline

TnT

Make sure you are using a 1.2.5 client. Client mods may also cause this problem.

3. Offline

ZeroZX4

1st try without plugins

4. Offline

LegoPal92

I am using a 1.2.5 client, and ZeroX4 I said this also happened to me on vanilla.
    I did find out that when using the cracked launcher this is not a problem, but when using the one from minecraft.net, it is.

5. Offline

ZeroZX4

what is the message you get when u get kicked ?

6. Offline

LegoPal92

received string length longer than the maximum. 720 > 119

7. Offline

ZeroZX4

do u use any client mods ?

8. Offline

LegoPal92

No. I do not currently use client mods, i did before i switched to 1.2.5 for my 1.2.5 server. It worked perfectly, and then i switched to 1.2.5 R2.0 on my server, so i had to update my client. This is when the problem started, i had not installed mods yet.

9. Offline

ZeroZX4

well thats really strange

but try to download minecraft laucher for java (with .jar extension not .exe)

that maybe will fix your problem

10. Offline

LegoPal92

it did, thanks [diamond]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.