i have plugins and want to be a dev

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by luckyshot21, Aug 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. well here you guys are i have a plugin COMPLETE NAMED block changer here is what it does

/blockchange bedrock

that allows you to be able to right click any block and change it to any block it all so allows you to be able to type

/blockchange rewind
    and rewinds all changes

2. Offline

Taco

Then submit your plugin? There's a section for that.

iKrazy likes this.
  3. Offline

DrBowe

@luckyshot21
    Just as an FYI, your signature pretty much guarantees that you won't be getting a developer tag any time soon. To my knowledge, Moderators don't like when people 'ask' for them

luckyshot21 likes this.
  4. Offline

Supersam654

@DrBoweNur is completely right about this. Although they didn't flat out say that they don't want people asking for developer tags, they did announce that your chances of becoming a moderator after asking for it is slim to none.

5. Offline

Jacek

Why do people care so much about the developer badge :s ?

6. Offline

DrBowe

Um, its purple! Only the best color ever!

(They feel like it will make them superior to anyone without a tag, which is completely false)

Daniel Heppner likes this.
  7. Offline

bergerkiller

Plus it's fat and shiny, like a ruby, if you got a developers tag you must be one of those rich dudes that make differences in the world. You can basically RULE the forums if you have such a tag, and can turn people without that tag turn into minions YOU can control. GOD how awesome is it!

No really, it is pretty much useless, no idea why people like it so much

8. Offline

Jacek

I didn’t think we were allowed to talk about that outside of the amazing secret forum section ? I guess you won;t be invited to the next developer party where we laugh at all the normals.

Too far ?

thehutch, Flenix, r3Fuze and 4 others like this.
  9. Offline

DrBowe

Hah, muggles. :rolleyes:

Specops343 likes this.
  10. It makes us feel more important / more special to the forums :')

11. Offline

MuisYa

12. Offline

Plague

Giving plugin developer tag is not mandatory.

Daniel Heppner likes this.
  13. ummm

there is no point if there is no credit

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  14. Offline

Jacek

Oh dear !

cholo71796, sddddgjd and PatrickFreed like this.
  15. Offline

MuisYa

So thats why im not having the purple yet...
    Just because PistonAlert is not good enough? Thanks for letting me know...

16. Offline

aPunch

Getting a plugin developer tag is not credit.

17. but i will work harder on my plugins because i will be in a group

18. Offline

Jacek

Then you are making them for the wrong reason...

19. Offline

aPunch

What.

20. i seem to work harder when i am in a group of people also i am getting tired of posting plugins on the fourm

i like it when more people get to see my plugins and can help me make them better and most of my plugins have little to no errors

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

21. Offline

undeadmach1ne

if you make working plugins, by definition, you are a plugin developer. if you are crying about having a purple tag for status, im afraid you are something entirely different.

22. Offline

aPunch

You don't need to have the Plugin Developer tag for that.

23. but more people will get to see my plugins

24. Offline

aPunch

That is not true. More people will see your plugins if they are coded well and people spread the word. Having a purple tag will not make your plugins more popular.

25. more people will see it because when you go to 'get plugins' it will be posted there

26. Offline

DrBowe

Your submissions will be sent to release just like everyone else's. The purple tag does not magically syphon people onto your plugin page.

EDIT:
    Yeah, you've got it all wrong. You don't need the tag to be in "Get Plugins"

You need to post a plugin in submissions, format the post correctly, and get it accepted.

27. Offline

chernobyl360

yea its nice when people like your work but when you get complete imbeciles asking stupid questions on your plugin thread, it gets annoying very quickly. i.e my spout cast plugin, it became somewhat popular too quickly and i got flooded by ***tards asking questions even though i posted the answer in the OP. essentially what im saying is there are too many god damn trolls on this forum, they like to piss off the devs. thats why i rage quit alot of times when creating plugins. i have maybe 5-10% patience, the rest is pure hatred for idiots who cannot follow instructions. if i were you dont make plugins, honestly java is addicting like bacon. you cant have enough! but coding takes up alot of time and you hardly get enough time to spend doing other things.

28. Offline

aPunch

I think you are confusing the Plugin Developer tag with having your plugin released. Your plugins can still get released even if you don't have the tag yet.

29. well its not very hard for me to make plugins
    HTML:
    http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/
    really?

30. Offline

chernobyl360

cool story bro. you dont know what the pressure is then. create a popular plugin and see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.