Problem/Bug I cant start my server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by cato11112, Feb 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

cato11112

2. Offline

TheEntropy

@cato11112 Judging by the MalformedJsonException in that stack trace, I think there could be a corrupt json file. Have you edited any .json files, or is this your first time running the server?

3. Offline

cato11112

Its not my first time. I have been running this server fir almost 3 years now. Do you say i have to replace the .jar file i need to run the server? And no i didn't edit any .Json files

4. Offline

TheEntropy

@cato11112 Try moving all .json files to another location (don't delete them, just move them). After making sure there are no .json files in the server directory, try starting the server as you normally do. Hopefully you don't get the error anymore. If the error goes away, slowly start putting back your old .json files back into your server directory until the error reappears. Whatever file causes the error is your problem file, and is unusable (to my knowledge).

5. Offline

cato11112

Thats gonna be a big problem. I have over 50k .json files in my plugins folder. Its gonna take days to get that done

6. Offline

TheEntropy

@cato11112 Have you at least started by moving the .json files over to another directory to see if it fixes the problem? :p I understand that's a lot, but if it's the problem, then there is not much that can be done.

7. Offline

cato11112

I think i have to replace the .jar file. i did start the server without any plugins and it wouldnt start. http://pastebin.com/YDAK39ct

8. Offline

TheEntropy

@cato11112 Sorry, I wasn't too clear on what i mean. Only move the .json files inside of your server's main directory. For example, just move .json files like banned-ips.json, banned-players.json, ops.json, usercache.json, and whitelist.json.

9. Offline

cato11112

I did as you said and worked. For some reason the .json files was completely empty.

10. Offline

TheEntropy

@cato11112 Glad to hear it. Was it all the .json files, or just one?

11. Offline

cato11112

all eccept for that playercache file

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.