(Huge)Plugin to set a new standard

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by hunter_rich, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Offline

hunter_rich

Before reading on I would like to apologise for the size of this plugin, I dont expect even a reply becuase of the scale of what im asking here.

My Thoughts

I have decided to give my thoughts on this first, mostly because it may be that what I want is already out their, everything else that follows is just my way of envisioning it. ​

The idea for this plugin came from 3 basic objectives:​
    1. Clan based play - and I dont mean Factions, its important to understand the limitations of factions in order to understand what I want. - Factions is "my way or the highway" sort of clan control plugin. If you dont like your leader there is nothing you can do, but you like the clan so what do you do?
    2. Economy play with a realistic approach to war - Towny is a great way to build up with friends, it has protection and realistic taxation etc but when it comes to way....its just to organised to be fun.
    3. Block protection - All block protection can be abused, you know that faction that is impossible to destroy because they've been on the server longer then you, this is wrong and its not fun.
    By now you are thinking "what is even asking for" if so you can now move on to another project. Regardless of your skills if you cant understand the flaws all other plugins have on these subjects then your not ready to work on a solution.​
    If there is already a plugin or combination of plugins that solve these issues please post a reply and accept my apologies.

The Basic Idea
    This project will grow in size as it moves. I will cut to the point and say what I need and will add to this list as items are ticked off (if any)​
    1. A method of creating a clan that offers private chests/enderchest for members and a "bank" that allows players to deposit and withdraw funds. Members of the clan should be able to vote for a new leader with a simple command, aswell as vote new clan mods and vote to kick members from the clan.
    2. A method of protection that uses a block, preferably the beacon, to protect an area when an item is used on the block - for example using a diamond on the beacon protects a preset area. The protection should be measured in chunks - for example each beacon protects the chunk it is on and a 4 chunk radius.
    3. The clans should be free but protection should be purchased (the initial chunk been free and each beacon having a maximum amount of protection to offer as above)
    4. the protection gained from the beacon should only last 24 hours before been offered another item to set the protection for another 24 hours.
    5. Its very important that the beacon/block must only offer protection if it is open air (not underground)
    The point of the above requirements is to allow players to create groups and band together, but they must continue to play in order to get protection and protection must be earned not given for been in a group. Groups can live in the protection of other groups - at a price of course - and as the protection needs renewing each day players clans will need to be active, if not they lose their towns or base or what ever is in the protection.​
    What I want to see from this
    I would like to see players forming clans/groups and then working together to build towns that can be protected. Clans will then have open war with other and the idea of destroying a clans base is still there but as protection can be stolen by killing the other players and then using their beacon, players can still build huge towns without worrying about it been destroyed. Several clans could band together to form larger towns.
    So if you can help me create something that everyone can enjoy let me know - This plugin will be open source and available to all and no profit is to be made from the project.