How to troubleshoot a server crash ?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by lamersons, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

lamersons

Sometimes my server loads 5-7cores to 100% and crashes, only kill/restart process works. Logs have no exeptions. I use large base of plugins. It happens ramdomly like it may be ok for one day and in next ten minutes it crashes 3 times. Everything worked fine before 1.6x.

Does any one know the way how to debug this problem ? Maybe some ideas or suggestions (to disable addons not a option).

Thank You !!

2. Offline

piffey

Check your Minecraft folder for a hs_errPID.log file. I've been having a similar issues since 1.6.6 and it appears to be a Notch problem. I was going to see if using OpenJDK instead of Oracle might help, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

3. Offline

lamersons

I have done the opposite, i've been on OpenJava and moved to SunJava, nothing changed :D

p.s
    im not sure what log file you are talking about, i dont have it in my server folder.

4. Offline

1lann

@piffey that logging system has even removed by notch now a long time ago. Anyway goto your server folder and there will be a file called server.log. Inside there will contain basically everything that happens on your server.

5. Offline

lamersons

my server log is clear like a babys piss :D

bump

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.