How to restore sand/gravel in mid-air

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by LHammonds, Aug 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

LHammonds

I have an adventure map that has sand/gravel floors that are sitting on air. Same with floating lava and water. When 1 is moved, they fall into the void like they are supposed to do (like a trap/puzzle).

I'm almost certain the map was created or setup like this using MCEdit to get this effect.

The only way I have found to restore the map is to re-copy the world files (.mca) from a backup when the server is restarted.

I tried using WorldEdit snapshots but when you issue the restore, the sand/gravel immediately falls.

I also tried doing "//replace air sand" where the floor was supposed to be but it also applies the physics immediately and the sand falls.

I tried using AsyncWorldEdit with the "physicsFreez" set to true but it just keeps the blocks in place until finished...then they drop.

I also tried Multiverse-Adventure but if it worked properly, that would be the solution, but I have seen it auto-disable the template/save and then have no way of restoring. Too buggy to use in production.

Also tried AdventCore but could never make it work in 1.6.4 / 1.7.2 / 1.7.9 even with simple proof-of-concepts. After reporting my findings, the author said he needed to re-code the plugin...so no solution here at the moment.

Also tried PhysicsDisabler but it doesn't seem to do anything. Generates no errors on 1.7.9 on startup or command usage...but does not stop sand/gravel/water/lava from moving.

Also tried No-Physics but only disables some physics events which is not enough for it to work.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this besides restarting the server for each map reset?

Thanks,

LHammonds

2. Offline

Shevchik

When you place blocks they trigger block physics update.
    So you should place blocks to chunk section via NMS, that should do the trick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.