How to register commands properly?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Plague, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Plague

I searched this forum and the javadocs. I found the onCommand event handler and the registerCommand() method, but I cannot find where to get the command manager instance!

Could you point me in the right direction?

2. ATM, Bukkit just does nothing..only enables plugins.
    No proper setup, it is pretty dumb atm.

Easy /help command? NO
    Easy getting group? NO
    Easy set permissions? NO
    what is good about bukkit atm?

(Sorry for being so negative now, but It is pretty hard to make good plugins now)

3. Offline

DjDCH

This is why bukkit is in a DEVELOPMENT phase. All this will come further.

4. Offline

Plague

Well bukkit enabled me to program my own plugin for me and few friends having /give /tp, use wool color and warps. I am only missing invulnerability and that's it.

But I can see that normal servers can only stay on older minecraft with hmod, but that's not really bukkit's fault is it?

5. Offline

Archelaus

Development is going quite fast lately too. I've seen at least 20-30 new builds in the last 2 days.

6. Offline

xpansive

It appears as though a bunch of new classes for doing this have just been added: http://bit.ly/i8Z1GA
    I have no clue how to use them though :(

7. Offline

exec

Steve likes this.
  8. Offline

MysticX

Nice, good to see some progress there :)

9. Offline

Raphfrk

So, onCommand is available in JavaPlugin instead of playerlistener?

10. If you specify the commands in the plugin.yml yes, you can still do the "old" way

11. Offline

Raphfrk

Also, how do the help comments work? In the scrap example, it looks like they are included "manually".

FYI, if you return false from the onCommand, it sends the text from plugin.xml to the user.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.