Solved How to print a message on minecraft gui

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by Kilorbine, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Kilorbine

Hi everyone!

I'm new in minecraft pluggin dev, and even in Java dev, so maybe for you it's an obvious answer but...
    I'm currently trying to print some information on Mnecraft GUI (client side) and I don't know how to do :/

I've search a lot (tuto, apiDocs) but i see nothing that let me think I can do it.

Exept the fact that I already see this in game

2015-03-12_15.21.00.png
    As you can see, there is a big "Début du jeux dans 10 seconde" and at the right, a little square with some information.

How can I do that?
    Just a little help to make me pass this?

Thx :)

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

3. @Kilorbine The big message is a 1.8 only feature. The text on the side is called a scoreboard. I'm sure if you do some research you'll find some amazing tutorials. Welcome to Bukkit by the way.

4. Offline

UniqueNameDen

Bukkit doesn't have an API for that you need to use packets
    Code:java
    2. public void setTitle(Player player, String Message) {
    3. CraftPlayer p = (CraftPlayer) player;IChatBaseComponent icbc = ChatSerializer.a("{\"text\": \"" + Message + "\"}");PacketPlayOutTitle bar = PacketPlayOutTitle(icbc, (byte)0);p.getHandle().playerConnection.sendPacket(bar);}

I'm not sure if its PacketPlayOutTitle didn't test it

5. Offline

Kilorbine

Thx all for your messages :)

@CodePlaysMinecraft yes, I've seen many time the scoreboard feature but I was thinking it was like a questbook.
    thx for the welcome ;)
    Btw, i'm under 1.8.3 (bukkit 1.8.3, snapshoot shaded)

Do you know if it exist a webpage referencing every action possible with packet (like here, the big title?)

6. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

7. Offline

Kilorbine

Oh, my god!
    the holy grail!
    @timtower, thx a lot :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.