How to move from SQLite to MySQL ?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by H4Mm3r, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

First, congratulations for all this work !

Secondly, I wish to move my server from SQLite to MySQL. Is there a solution to do it without loosing all players data ?

I'm using craftbukkit rev 348
    LWC 1.53
    Permission 2.0
    PrecisousStones 2.1
    SpawnControl 0.6.1
    iConomy
    and ProperTime.

Thanks !

2. Offline

mughi

1.) do all of those plugins support mysql?

create a temporary server, with those plugins, pointing to mysql
    this will populate the database tables
    now, use a database utility to transfer the data (and hope they didn't change formats for their data)

3. Offline

EBCorporations

Hmm by any chance what plugin did you use for supporting SQLite or a database? I'm trying to find something to connect my server to any type of database to store info and groups, etc.

4. If one plugin does'nt support the MySQL, will it does'nt work ? Or maybe the plugin could work in SQLite even if the server is in MySQL ?

5. Offline

jwideman

SQLite is separate from MySQL. MySQL is a service that you run and plugins will access it via a wrapper. SQLite (if I understand it right) just provides MySQL-like behavior without running the service. Data stored in MySQL is accessible by any program that supports it, from any machine that has access via the net. Data stored by SQLite is only accessible by the plugins on that machine.
    You could run SQLite and MySQL side by side, but moving your data between them would be non-trivial.

6. Offline

TnT

Data stored in SQLite is accessible by any service as long as they have the SQLite connectors. It is no different from MySQL in that circumstance. MySQL can be easily opened up to the net, whereas to access SQLite, you need access to the .db files it creates. Most of the time this isn't an issue as people usually have the SQL (either MySQL or SQLite) and the server on the same machine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.