How to make a Mini Game lobby!

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by euller12, Aug 4, 2013.

?

How to make a Mini Game lobby!

1. Know how to help me.

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Can help me.

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

euller12

I would like to make a Mini Game lobby for a game I would like to make but I run in to the problem, HOW DO YOU MAKE A LOBBY. I have look on forums, YouTube, and others sources.
    If someone could help me that would make my day, month, and YEAR!

PS, I have tried looking at Mob Arena, Old Simple Spleef for help.

2. Offline

Compressions

euller12 There are many GitHub repos you can look through to get a good idea of mini game systems. Take a look at TF2, GhostSquadron, DeathSwap, etc.

bobacadodl likes this.
  3. Offline

euller12

I am still lost Compressions, if someone could step me through on how to make one. I will try to do something for you in return for the help. I just really want to learn how to do it.

4. Offline

Compressions

euller12 This is most likely too advanced for you to write this code in object-oriented and well-designed code. You may want to look into objects more before trying to do this.

5. Offline

euller12

Okay:( but could you still help in some way

6. Offline

Compressions

euller12 I tried to help you by linking you to those GitHub repos that I once used way back when to understand mini games. Check out some Java tutorials on objects.

euller12 and Twisted_Panda like this.
  7. Offline

euller12

Thank you! I would like to keep in touch with you, and also I am pretty good at graphic designing. So if you ever need a image for one of you plugins just ask me:)

8. Offline

Compressions

euller12 Glad I could help and will definitely keep that offer in mind :)

9. Offline

euller12

Yeah just contact me at Skype: aaron.yule3 or bukkitforum: Euller3

10. Offline

JPG2000

euller12 What do you mean lobby? If know what you mean save a config with the location. And look up the youtuber pogostick29dev. He's doing a live stream on creeating a minigame plugin for his 500 subscriber special, I should be within this week.

Wizardo367 likes this.
  11. Offline

euller12

That sounds great and what is the java code for?

12. Offline

xTrollxDudex

13. Thank you, my knowledge on objects is still a bit iffy. :D

14. Offline

euller12

Is there anything tutorials on Bukkit or Youtube showing how to make a lobby/minigame?

15. Offline

Ivan

I recommend you to get familiar with Java and Bukkit coding first. You can't just create a minigame from watching just one tutorial. You'll have no idea what you're doing, so you wont have the chance to be creative and make something unique out of that.

16. Offline

euller12

I know how to do events, make classes commands/listeners do boolean, etc

17. Offline

Ivan

Well unfortunately that's not enough. Learn about lists, maps, object-oriented coding, inheritance etc. There's a LOT more than you think there is :p

18. Offline

euller12

Lol, and do lobbies use hash maps?

19. Offline

fanaticmw2

I mean, they could?... They also use alot more things as well.

You're basically listing basic java features trying to come off as a java pro or something.

20. Offline

euller12

21. Offline

TomTheDeveloper

euller12 If you know how hashmaps work, you probably know that is is very handy. I mostly use it in every plugin (if it is a plugin that is big enough).

22. Offline

euller12

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.