How to limit certain commands like ban and kick!!! HELP

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by snick192, Apr 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

snick192

okay the problem im having is that im trying to cover up the default commands but the old ones are still active. how do i make it so only the people in the admins group can use band and kick?!

2. Offline

IIGoldII

Are you using Permissions Or GroupManager?

3. Offline

snick192

yes, permission 2.5.5 phoenix

4. Offline

IIGoldII

Ok:
    In order for players NOT To have a certain command,that group cannot contain the specific node.

Show me your .yml via www.pastebin.com

5. Offline

snick192

here it is it dosnt really have anything on it yet but if you could help limit the defualt cammands like ban and kick and other important ones.

http://pastebin.com/7tDBUvg3

6. Offline

IIGoldII

Well I don't seem to be able to understand what your trying to accomplish here.The group your in has a "*" which means you have all commands.To remove those commands from that group,add the corresponding nodes for the group:

Essentials:
    essentials.ban
    essentials.kick

Other plugins you will have to find via their thread.

7. Offline

snick192

what does essentials mean? are they like the default comands?

i dont have any plugin that control things like ban and kick so how do i limit those cammands with permissions

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  8. Offline

Codisimus

He isn't talking about the essentials plugin, he is referring to the op commands that minecraft has built in (give, ban, kick, deop, stop, reload all) I don't think these can be effected by permissions. Currently the only solution i can think of is to not let non-admins be ops, is there a specific reason you need them to be ops?

9. Offline

tekac

I don't think you should be running a server if you can't understand and read the many tutorials out there on permissions and plugins themselves...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.