How to create a Firework?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by hice3000, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

hice3000

I think I was using the #2565 build, and it worked perfect, try using this one!

EDIT: AND be sure you are using the same build on your test-server, too!

2. Offline

RealDope

#2565 didn't work for me, so I waited all these hours for #2566. And just NOW I realize that 2565 DID work, but I had only updated my build path, and not my server's craftbukkit.jar...............

Any idea about my problem right above you?

3. Offline

hice3000

No, Im not so fimilar with this, I got the solution from lol768, too.

4. Offline

RealDope

5. Offline

Serilum

Latest dev build seem to have fixed those errors!

Felixx61 and lol768 like this.
  6. Offline

RealDope

The latest dev build fixed the duration errors?

7. Offline

Serilum

There were some errors with spawning the firework event, not sure what you are on about ;)

8. Offline

RealDope

Ah well, my post a few up is a problem I'm having with duration of fireworks. I stored the FireworkMeta and then add it to a firework later and launch that, but the duration is reeally short. Like shorter than even a duration 1 would be.

Also, maybe it's un-related to my problem, but when I spawn a firework with my plugin rather than right clicking in-game, it's really choppy and buggy when it flies up. Anyone else see this?

EDIT: After testing, it IS storing the duration properly, (1-3), it's just not acting on it correctly. All durations are much too short.

9. Offline

KingMagnus

Sir I love your code and stick with me on this the plugin I made makes trails of particles that follow you and your code here makes random fireworks pop up so I'll just go and out that 2 together.
    EDIT: Well fuck, bukkit won't let me spawn the fireworks as an entity :/

10. Offline

fireblast709

11. Offline

KingMagnus

I'm using the latest beta build, so I'm guessing it won't be sufficient.

12. Offline

fireblast709

13. Offline

KingMagnus

14. Offline

fireblast709

Like? (I am quite interested in fireworks, as you could possibly use them as weapons ;3)

15. Offline

tommycake50

like in cannons?
    i dont think it would hurt the player and it doesnt count as a projectile i dont think but :p nice idea.
    it would probs hit the player and explode.

16. Offline

fireblast709

What about creating a real explosion, or splash effects :p. You could also run a nearby players check and damage/affect them. Bukkit's endless possibilities

17. Offline

tommycake50

yeah i was thinking that xD is there a FireworkExplodeEvent? then it would be a lot easier.

18. Offline

macmc

My fireworks won't explode...
    Code:
    Firework f= (Firework) l.getWorld().spawnEntity(player.getLocation(), EntityType.FIREWORK);
    FireworkEffect effect = FireworkEffect.builder().withColor(Color.RED).with(Type.BALL_LARGE).build();
    f.getFireworkMeta().addEffect(effect);
    f.getFireworkMeta().setPower(1);
    EDIT: With your code it works, I guess I didn't put enough arguments for the builder

19. Offline

Rprrr

No. You forgot to add the meta to the fireworks.

20. Offline

macmc

Weird though, I would have thought that modifying the meta from the getFireworkMeta would work without having to set it once again...
    I still don't manage to make the firework go exactly straight, it always wants to fly in the air, even if it's just a little bit...
    Hope I won't have to change the minecraft code and to create custom fireworks...
    Has anyone a solution for me?

21. Offline

KingMagnus

Well when I did that it threw them as a sort of grenade but the thing is too many at once crash your client, They do react weirdly with blocks so they end up colliding off of anything they hit and jumping in the direction it bounced from.

22. Offline

macmc

omg, is there no fireworkExplosionEvent? I could'nt detect when the firework exploded, and I highly need it!

23. Offline

-_Husky_-

I'm sure there will be an API soon enough, after christmas pudding.

24. Offline

macmc

Too bad I was about to create a new character, Santa Claus for my RP system... Needed these god-dam fireworks, but looks like I will have to wait...

25. Sorry for late reply. Hope everyone got their fireWORKs! Pretty lame pun, eh? :D

26. Offline

nitrousspark

its not working for me. im getting this error in the consol

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot spawn an entity for org.bukkit.entity.Firework

27. Offline

fireblast709

Update Craftbukkit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.