How Should i Migrate Perms?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Edpon, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Edpon

Ive noticed nearly all of the newer plugins i want are recommending BukkitPerms. However, i am still using PEX and it is causing some difficulties with the permissions actually giving permissions..

I have tried it before and have failed.. I want to switch my current Perms over to BukkitPerms and maintain my chat setup. The chat setup is really the only thing that has prevented me from completing my migration to BukkitPerms. I can get my Permissions working great but the structure of my chat goes crazy.

My chat layout is as follows:
    --Each group has a specific title. (5 groups; Guest, Builder, Moderator, SuperMod, and Owner)
    --Each group has a specific color.(Owner=Light Green, Moderator=Cyan, ETC.)
    --Players do not recieve prefixes for their player, only a title stating what group their in.(<Owner Edpon>hola <SuperMod jimmyd3an>hola) Notice neither player has a title other than their group+name.

Ive tried various chat plugins that are said to be simple and quick but none of the ones ive looked at have held that true.

All in all... What is a good chat plugin that does what i want, nothing more (or at least i can disable other features such as not setting a player prefix), nothing less, and is per group not per player.

2. Offline

ZeroZX4

if it give you "difficulties" than this is more problem with you than with pex cause for all other users it works just fine

better tell us what you are trying to do in pex so we can tell you what you are doing wrong and if that wont help i can teach you how to migrate

3. Offline

codename_B

bPermissions is a good switch over from PEX as it lets you import pretty much all of your previous settings including prefixes to give you a jump start, and has its own plugin VERY similar to chatmanager - called bChatManager!

4. Offline

mindless728

Having used both bPermissions and PEX (I like to try different things), they both work just fine. If there is a problem with permissions it is usually on the config side of things. Also with PEX i would suggest NOT editing the permissions.yml file and do everything in game as that will not mess up the formatting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.