How much players can I run?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Owen Brown, Nov 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Owen Brown

I have a server with 1GB of ram with about 25 plugins . My download speed is 60 mbps and my upload is 4 mbps. I have a Intel core 2 duo. How much players can my server run. I might upgrade to a Intel Core 2 Quad and 1GB how much players would that run.

Thank You.

2. @Owen Brown
    It's next to impossible to accurately tell you how many players your server can run. It depends on a whole bunch of variables we can't possibly predict. The only real way to find out how many players you can support is by trial and error.

3. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@AlvinB agreed completely, but there's a massive issue that's easy to point out.

@Owen Brown A 4 mbps upload speed is going to cause serious issues. You need at least 10 if you want clients to have a somewhat stable connection between the server and client. My home internet is about 4-6 mbps upload and friends that want to help me test plugins can barely stay connected to the server, even if they are down the street. That doesn't even consider that the specs on that computer were far better than what you are asking about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.