how much internet does a bukkit server use?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by JoeCarter, Sep 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

JoeCarter

hi my dad just changed my router and now im limited to monthly internet. I have a private hamachi server that me and my friends use, maximum of 4 people use it. I used quite a few mods though don't know if that will matter. Please could someone reply because otherwise i cant play minecraft multiplayer.

2. Offline

saul100

Ask your dad to remove the limited allowance, but limit the TIMES it goes on and off. Just means that you can use it with friends and it's off when internet goes off.

3. Offline

JoeCarter

around how many gb of internet would a server up for 3 hours with 3 people on it take?​

4. Offline

Killburner

My players average around 200MB/hour. You can do the math from there, but honestly there are so many variables involved you're could get drastically lower or higher averages. I believe the Spout plugin coupled with the SpoutCraft client will cache chunks, which could reduce your bandwidth usage greatly.

You can always try hosting for awhile. If you hit your cap, then you know to stop hosting.

5. Offline

croxis

Or get another friend to host :)

6. Offline

JoeCarter

ok thank you, where can i get the spout craft from?? i tryed putting it on my server befor but it created errors

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.