Question How do you make it so when people join, they are automatically given a prefix?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by baci132, Dec 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

baci132

I am using PermissionsEx, and they are given the rank but not the prefix. How do I do this?

2. Offline

nverdier

Did you add a prefix option to the said rank? And do you have a chat plugin such as EssentialsChat?

3. Offline

baci132

Yes and yes! :/

4. Offline

Barca_Boy

Try to install iChat, or another chat plugin.
    If that doesn't work, can we see your config.yml?

5. Offline

thejimnah

This is why i prefer GroupManager, It's much better tbh and these problems tend not to happen ever

6. Offline

Barca_Boy

This is an error though, and it has nothing to do with what perm plugin you use. Errors like this can happen to ANY plugin if there is an error in the config.yml or any other file.

7. Offline

Larry Newman

@baci132 If there is a prefix on the default group in your permissions.yml file for PEX, and you have a chat plugin like EssentialsChat, it should work. Groupmanager and Essentials were made by the same development team and should be used together to avoid small conflicts.

8. Offline

baci132

Here is my config:
    http://pastebin.com/KeEH8g6M

9. Offline

Larry Newman

@baci132 I don't know why he asked for your config.yml xD but we just need your permissions.yml

10. Offline

baci132

11. Offline

nbrandwine

There's no errors, right baci132?

12. Offline

baci132

No errors. I simply just did ⌘A in the permissions, ⌘C, and ⌘P in the pastebin. That is exactly my permissions.yml.

13. Offline

nbrandwine

@baci132 Use iChat/HeroChat, their prefixes/chat options are prefix-based, and not relative to groups, which will make it relatively easier for you, as example, just adding the name of the permission written in a config/etc/i forgot how ichat/hero works.

If you're still willing to use essentials chat, try something like:
    Big #EssChat (open)

Code:
    [*]############################################################
    [*]# +------------------------------------------------------+ #
    [*]# |                  EssentialsChat                    | #
    [*]# +------------------------------------------------------+ #
    [*]############################################################
    [*]

[*]# If EssentialsChat is installed, this will define how far a player's voice travels, in blocks.  Set to 0 to make all chat global.
    [*]# Note that users with the "essentials.chat.spy" permission will hear everything, regardless of this setting.
    [*]# Users with essentials.chat.shout can override this by prefixing text with an exclamation mark (!)
    [*]# Or with essentials.chat.question can override this by prefixing text with a question mark (?)
    [*]chat:
    [*]  radius: 0
    [*]

[*]  # If set to the default chat format which "should" be compatible with ichat.
    [*]  format: '<{DISPLAYNAME}> {MESSAGE}'
    [*]  #format: '&7[{GROUP}]&f {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&f {MESSAGE}'
    [*]

[*]  # You can also have group-specific formats, uncomment to enable:
    [*]  group-formats:
    [*]    Builder: '<&b{DISPLAYNAME}> {MESSAGE}'
    [*]    Admin: '<&c{DISPLAYNAME}> {MESSAGE}'
    [*]    Donator: '<&9{DISPLAYNAME}> {MESSAGE}'
    [*]    Moderator: '<&a{DISPLAYNAME}> {MESSAGE}'

Also keep formatting wiki in hand. http://wiki.ess3.net/wiki/Chat_Formatting#Chat_Formatting

Also I copied this from some example thing on another post, so don't pay any mind to [*]s.

14. Offline

Epiccookie55

What do you use to open permissions like so it's organized. Mines all messed up but still editable.

15. Offline

87pen

Do you mean Chat Editor? Or... IF so then use Notepad++

16. Offline

baci132

I am just organized, I wrote that all from scratch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.