Solved How do I put a red dragon on a Spigot server?

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by dp118m, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

dp118m

Hello!

Imagine, I want to have rideable, red dragons in my SpigotMC-based world.

There is a plugin Dragon Mounts, in which it's already implemented.

I assume that in order for this to work, I need to
    1. install the Dragon Mounts mod on the client (all players, who connect to my world must have this mod installed in order for the client to have the visuals of the dragons) and
    2. modify the server.
    What exactly do I need to do on the server in order for several players to be able to ride red dragons in it (incl. more than one playes riding dragons and seeing each other riding them) ?

Thanks in advance

Dmitri Pisarenko

P. S.: Using an ender dragon instead of the red one is not an option in this case. The end user wants a red one :)

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Moved to Bukkit alternatives
    You need something that is able to run mods alongside plugins.

3. Offline

dp118m

Can you give me a 10000 feet view of what that server plugin (which allows clients with the dragon mounts mod to play on the server) must do?

4. Offline

@dp118m Not a plugin, different software.

5. Offline

dp118m

@timtower What should that different software do? In other words: Why is it impossible for a client with a mod to connect to a Spigot server?

6. Offline

@dp118m Client with a mod installed can connect fine to a spigot server, but the spigot server can't run the mod on its own.

7. Offline

dp118m

@timtower I wanted to find out, what the server needs to do, when a creature is spawned (to understand, how I can adapt it to support red dragons) in org.bukkit.World.spawn(Location location, Class<T> clazz). I couldn't find the implementation of the org.bukkit.World interface. Is there such implementation with publicly available source code?

8. Offline

@dp118m Which would require that you recode the entire mob to run on the server, adapt the protocol to support such mob etc.
    You need server side mods, not plugins.

dp118m likes this.
  9. Offline

dp118m

@timtower You mean something like SpoutCraft?

Update (23.11.2015): Solution found: If you need only the mods (without plugins), you can use Minecraft Forge. If you needs both mods and plugins, you can use Sponge.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.