How do I fuse world_nether and world_end into world?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by julian1, Oct 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

julian1

When minecraft updates bukkit isnt released so then I have to generate a whole new nether and end world for when I put my minecraft survival server into vanilla, How do I put world_nether and world_end back into world for when bukkit isnt released for an update and I turn it into a vanilla server???

Would somebody please reply and help me with this problem, Please?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  2. Offline

afistofirony

Minecraft servers automatically load world, world_nether, and world_the_end by default; no need to 'fuse' them.

3. Offline

midnightfang22

He wants to fuse them for single player, not bukkit.

4. Offline

afistofirony

;)

Edit: Fixed.

5. Offline

midnightfang22

Looks like I need to go back to reading more...I've been lacking the past few weeks...

afistofirony likes this.
  6. Offline

julian1

Yes but what if bukkit goes off for a week or so after minecraft updates or what if I want to bring the server to vanilla, It would generate a whole new world_nether and world_end and I wouldnt be able to play in those and its a server for me and my friends so we play legit and I dont want to be cheating by having an entire new nether and then my friends could get stuff from that world and then it would no longer be legit survival it would basically be cheating, infact it would be, and I would have to restart.

7. Offline

afistofirony

I'm pretty sure Minecraft does NOT generate a new Nether or End world upon a switch from Bukkit to vanilla.

Just place the minecraft_server.exe/jar in the same folder as you would your worlds, and everything should work properly. ;)

8. Offline

julian1

Ok, Thanks, I will try this. Just incase :p

Sadly, It does. :(
    Because bukkit puts the nether and end worlds into a different folder(world_nether, world_end) so vanilla doesnt recognize it and generates a new one IN the world folder :(

Thing is all I wanted was Lockette so we could lock our doors, chests, etc. For when we invite new people into the server.

So there is no way at all to fix this???
    I dont know how to put the DIM-1 together in the world folder. I heard that if you put the DIM-1's into the world folder then it will all fuse into one thing.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  9. Offline

julian1

I cant seem to fix this! :(

10. Offline

lokpique

Single player games dont use the folders the same way.

Your nether and the end are located in a folder within the main world folder.
    DIM1 and DIM-1.

Basically you just have to copy the main world to the saves folder in your %appdata%... then go inside it, create a DIM1 folder and a DIM-1 folder... then copy the nether and the end into THOSE folders.

Just did it here, and it worked fine!

EDIT : DIM-1 is the folder for the nether. DIM1 is the one for the end.

So ...
    inside your .minecraft folder you'll have...

/saves/WorldName <----- your main world.
    /saves/WorldName/DIM-1 <-----Your nether... copy your regions folder from the nether here.
    /saves/WorldName/DIM1 <------ The End... copy your regions folder from the end to here.

Let me know if it doesn't work for you. I just tested it again and was able to load the map in single player :)

11. Offline

julian1

I want to have it so it doesnt create different world folder, But this works fine, I just I hope I dont forget and create a new nether map by accident! :p Thanks for all the help! :D

12. Offline

lokpique

Just back up the originals and accidents aren't a big deal! Good luck with it!

13. Offline

julian1

Ok then! I will! Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.