How do i download bukkit?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by bbm5, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

bbm5

the bukkit installation steps are way to confusing for me because i'm a starter. can anyone tell them a bit simpler? Thanks:)

2. Offline

MetalMadness

3. Offline

bbm5

i'm really a starter. I dont know what any of that means. I really want EXACT STEPS. thx

4. Offline

saul100

5. Offline

bbm5

yes i read that but it's really too confusing. What is the dictionary files or the txt files? Or the RUN files? I have WinRAR if i need that for something. plz exat steps from YOU

6. Offline

MetalMadness

Ok I will be as detailed as possible.
    Download this http://repo.bukkit.org/service/loca...org.bukkit&a=craftbukkit&v=RELEASE&r=releases
    Put it in a folder called bukkit.

Then open notepad, and type the following:
    Echo OFF
    SET BINDIR=%~dp0
    CD /D "%BINDIR%"
    "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx1G -jar craftbukkit-1.1-R3.jar
    PAUSE

Then save it as startup.bat (make sure you selece all files on save as type) and put it in the same folder as the file you downloaded before.

Doubleclick on startup.bat, and everything should install

7. Offline

IAmAStegohSorus

Sorry to bump an old post, but when I double click on the startup.bat it gives me the message "The system cannot find the path specified. Press any key to continue..." and when I press any key it close it. Any idea how to get pass that?

bump

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
  8. Offline

Colerabi135

I got the same message and figured it out. It's because, if you read what it says in the command prompt, or whatever program is used to say that message, it will say it cannot find craftbukkit1.1, what you must do, is (if you downloaded the file from MetalMadness's link) just copy what it's called. So it should say craftbukkit-1.2.3-R0.2.jar

Trust me. I'm a doctor. hahaha

9. Offline

IAmAStegohSorus

I still get the same message.

Is it supposed to look like this?

10. Offline

Sayshal

I can't believe this is so hard.... IAmAStegohSorus
    You have to name it to whatever the name of the .jar is in the folder... -.-

JWhy likes this.
  11. Offline

IAmAStegohSorus

What the hell do you think I'm doing? I never used bukkit before in my life, I never even knew it existed. This is all new to me and so far I keep getting the same message as before, I am changing it to craftbukkit-1.2.3-R0.2.jar, that is the name on the .jar in the folder.

EDIT: *sigh* I'm sorry for getting snappy, it's just I want to make a minecraft server but with plugins so that game is more fun to play.

12. Offline

JWhy

For that reason I 'created' that repack, everything is set up out-of-the-box (after clicking on an update.bat as well) and blabla... ;)
    forums.bukkit.org/threads/tool-admin-jwhys-lightweight-bukkit-repack.63649/

13. Offline

Sayshal

If you're honestly that "nooby" to bukkit try this: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/tool-admin-jwhys-lightweight-bukkit-repack.63649/
    OR this:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/craftbukkit-auto-installer-minecraft-1-2-3.26555/

JWhy likes this.
  14. Offline

sam01disco

Does this work on a mac

15. Offline

JWhy

The 'Craftbukkit Auto Installer' by ImminentFate had only .bats i remember, but i can't checked, as it is currently removed from the forums. Mine has only .bats for windows like ImminentFate's, but i could decide to make it *nix and Mac compatible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.