How Chunk's X's and Z's work?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by TheWolfBadger, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TheWolfBadger

Hello Bukkit Community!
    It's TheWolfBadger here! I am currently making a mini map which displays players per chunk using the scoreboard. It works awesomely, however that where the players are on the grid is actually messed up big time. I know it has to do with messing with the X's and Z's, but I can't figure out how to fix it. Thanks.
    Here it my code:
    http://hastebin.com/rasahurevo.avrasm

Anyone know why? Please help! It's greatly appreciated! :D

http://hastebin.com/waletahuti.avrasm <--- Updated Code.
    I think the real problem is the negative X's and Z's and the Positive ones. Not really sure though. Please help. Thanks. - Jack Badger

Anyone?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  2. Offline

TheWolfBadger

bwfcwalshy What do you mean new picture? My avatar?

Any help? Thanks. - Jack

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  3. Offline

_Filip

Chunk's position = block position >> 4

4. Offline

TheWolfBadger

TheSpherret I am not very fond of what the >> symbol means. Mind explaining? Much appreciated. Thanks. - Jack

5. Offline

ChipDev

Google.com
    Stackoverflow.com
    :D

6. Offline

TheWolfBadger

ChipDev Found +=, but not >>...

7. Offline

mythbusterma

TheWolfBadger

>> is the bitshift right operator, it shifts bits to the right.

8. Offline

TheWolfBadger

mythbusterma Okay, but that doesn't answer my question. My question is how would I make my Minimap work correctly based on the Chunks a player is on? Thanks. - Jack Badger

9. Offline

mythbusterma

TheWolfBadger

The coordinates of a chunk, given x and z of a block are:

chunkX = blockX >> 4;
    chunkZ = blockZ >> 4;

This is effectively dividing by 16, by moving the bits down 4 places.

10. Offline

TheWolfBadger

mythbusterma Do all of you understand the question? I am trying to figure out why the Minimap positions of where the players are on their chunk are messed up...

11. Offline

mythbusterma

TheWolfBadger

We told you how to do it to the best of our knowledge, you didn't explain what the problem is so when can't help you.

12. Offline

Skye

TheWolfBadger Chunk X, Y coordinates are on a separate grid. So since chunk dimensions are 16x16, every 16 blocks in a cardinal direction will modify chunk coordinates by 1.

13. Offline

TheWolfBadger

Bump. I am trying to figure out like when a player is up and to the left 4 chunks that they will show up on the mini map like down 4 chunks and to the right 4 chunks. Any ideas on how to fix this and what the problem is with my code? Thank you. - Jack Badger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.