Hostile Spawns Lacking...

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by sakura_blades, Aug 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

sakura_blades

So within the past few days my server has started suffering a severe lack of Hostile Mobs spawning. Even in caves and mineshafts our Hostile mobs are a rare find indeed. When you find a Zombie however you will eventually get swarmed but it's find that zombie or any other mob in the first place that we're having trouble with...

Here is what my bukkit.yml settings are as far as spawnings go:
    Show Spoiler
    spawn-limits:
    monsters: 80
    animals: 15
    water-animals: 2
    ambient: 5
    chunk-gc:
    period-in-ticks: 600
    load-threshold: 0
    ticks-per:
    animal-spawns: 400
    monster-spawns: 1
    autosave: 0

Here is a list of plugins:
    Show Spoiler

afkTerminator
    AntiXRay
    AutoSaveWorld
    BuyRegion
    ChestShop
    CommandSigns
    CoreProtect
    dynmap
    Enjin Minecraft Plugin
    Essentials
    ItemSlotMachine
    Jobs
    Lottery
    mcMMO
    OnTime
    PermissionsBukkit
    SBC
    Simple Prefix
    TreeAssist
    Vault
    Votifier
    PetProtect
    WorldBorder
    WorldEdit
    WorldGuard

MyPet
    MyPetNPC
    Citizens2
    LWC
    Towny
    Questionaire
    Blacksmith (For Citizens2)

The only changes I have made recently (before the spawning issue) was add Towny. I had given Orebfuscator a try, but it was causing a drop in FPS and I just didnt' like the way it was effecting things and uninstalled it and all of it's files.
    I have raided every file I could think of that affects the server's world and checked for spawn settings, deleted any listings from Towny about wild mobs and made sure all mob spawnings in Essentials were enabled (even though this wasn't an issue before the Towny add). I have spoken with someone very knowledgeable about Towny directly, if not one of the Dev's of the plugin and assured that Towny didn't effect the way mobs spawned in the world...

I have no idea where else to look and how to fix this issue. Can someone please help me and suggest where else I might need to look?

2. Offline

Lolmewn

monster-spawns: 1 - Doesn't that mean only 1 monster spawns when they spawn?

3. Offline

sakura_blades

No that's on how many ticks a monster would spawn. So every server tick (i think it's every second or so) a monster will spawn somewhere in the world.

And actually (sorry for second post, edit is acting up) 1 is the default setting of bukkit for monster spawns.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2016
  4. Offline

Lolmewn

Oh, haha. Never mind then. One tick is 1/20 seconds, actually.
    Could any plugins be interfering? Try disabling all of them and see if monsters spawn with a higher rate.

5. Offline

sakura_blades

I don't think so, if it's any plugin interfering it'd be Towny. since they were fine before I installed it...
    But I was reassured that it doesn't cause changes in hostile spawns :\

6. Offline

LlmDl

sakura_blades

spawn-limits:
    monsters: 80

Crank that way up. Even if your trying to spawn monsters every 1/20th of a second, you cannot go past 80.

I would also set the spawn rate to 40-80 at least, that's 2-4 seconds.

7. Offline

sakura_blades

I have no idea what it is you're saying here..... If I can't go past 80, why bother setting it higher?
    As far as the spawn rate, why do we want that number higher, when it's a lower number that makes them spawn more often?

I want MORE mobs IN my world, not a lack of them....

I completely removed Towny and restarted my server without it for a few hours, no improvement on the Spawning of our Hostile mobs.
    Now I am really stumped. Despite having been told that Towny wasn't the issue, and it being the only thing to to change since our issue I had to be sure..

I appears that something is despawning mobs? I've checked Towny's files and Essentials, WorldGuard, WorldEdit, and don't have any clearing plugins... For any "mob removals" and can't find anything...

This is getting quite frustrating.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2016
  8. Offline

LlmDl

I was saying you can put the spawn-limit for monsters past 80. I have mine around 1500 I think.

Turn your spawn rate to 40.

9. Offline

HarveyCrumpet

He's right. You just need to crank that number up and you're all set.

10. Offline

sakura_blades

Well I've been adjusting it and it seems to be improving, but what I dont' understand is what I had it at was fine. Things were spawning as they were supposed to. But all of a sudden it just dropped like craszy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.