Horrorous having plugins, permisions help?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by txomon, May 14, 2011.

?

Do you think having several plugins is horrible experience towards permissions?

1. yes

33.3%
  2. no

66.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

txomon

Hello,

long time ago I have been thinking about this, and I think that something should be done. Having a great server, for being easy to maintain it, do backups, etc. Requires having plugins, and if you want to put extra plugins, at the end, it turns into a horrible thing. Everywhere are permisions, and all permisions are distributed all over the www.

Due to this, I would like to ask for bukkit devs a file to be created in plugins dir in which all permissions are listed with a comment that says what do they do:

Code:
    essentials:
      essentials.help #Can use command help that tells avaiable commands

Or at least, a common site in which plugin devs post their permissions.

Edit1:

I would also love, if when putting a permission in a plugin, the plugin dev could classify it in 3 groups like:
    -Admin
    -Mod
    -Player

I know this is a difficult part, due to different server "versions" but I think its enought general so that people can imagine the importance of that permission

2. Offline

chronopolis

Almost every plugin release has the permission nodes included in the post along with what each node will grant the user... yes, it takes time to configure but its time well spent ^^

3. Offline

txomon

If there is an update, its horrible to update those permissions, if a single flat file would be created with all those plugins, it would simplify a lot upgrading from a version to another (if all that info is put there)

4. Offline

Phaedrus

They do document the changes to the updates you know... in the original plugin thread. it's not like they hide the permissions nodes

I agree that maintaining a server is a lot of work, but that's part of the challenge and reward.

5. Offline

txomon

What I meant, is that checking one by one the changed permissions, is just horrible. If we could have ALL permissions in a server, in a single file (just to inform) with a little description, would be much easier.

I also don't understand why has it to be a challenge, and in my case, there is no reward

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.