Horrible Console Spam when entering certain areas of map (CB 1.8)

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by amanatee, Sep 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

amanatee

Whenever any player enters a certain part of our default world, the world we started on 1.7, I'm getting this: http://pastebin.com/8XkCHPe4

And this is an error that spams this kind of information over and over in rapid succession. To the point that that area of the map has horrible lag spikes.

Does anyone have an idea? I'm not very good at reading cryptic errors.

2. Offline

Rockstar04

Map looks to be corrupt, try chunkster

3. Offline

amanatee

Will do. Thanks. I'll let you know.

I do see that it is a world corruption now, after some research. I see that others have had the same problem after a power outage while their server was running. That happened to me.

It seems, though, that Chunkster won't start. I've followed directions perfectly and all the cmd prompt gives me is the the name of the chunkster tool. The check/fixing never starts.

I'm wondering if this has something to do with the fact that there is a new terrain generator, and I'm running 1.8 to run a 1.7 world. Chunkster might find some issues with that, do you think? Would it even be configured yet to handle the new way worlds are generated?

Then again, I may not know what the hell I'm talking about. I'm almost sure I don't.

Is there some other manual way to remove corrupted chunks? Or to 'refresh' the world somehow?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  4. Offline

Rockstar04

You could also try installing and running McEdit to try to fix the map, but a server admins best defense is a regular back up of the server's maps. MineBackup is what I use.

5. Offline

amanatee

Hm, lol, don't know why that didn't cross my mind. I will try running one of my many, many backups. haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.