Homing Missile

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by BenHudHill, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

BenHudHill

Hello. I was wondering if anyone could make me a Heat Seeking Missile plugin that ties into crackshot. I need this for my server. So, basically, I use crackshot and I'm a very good coder, but I can't make a heat seeking missile! I'd like it to track down players. Thanks a bunch!
    - BenHudHill

2. Offline

Leonator05

I am Eff7ctz, my team is able to code you this, but it might not tie into crackshot.

3. Offline

xX_Blazer_Xx

If you are a coder, here's how I would do it.
    1. Make a thread/task timer and a list with all missiles in play
    2. Every loop recalculate the vector to the destination using vector subtraction to prevent lag
    3. Profit
    You could try parabolic equations to make it more missile like but update speed would have to be dramatically reduced to compensate.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  4. Offline

Leonator05

I messaged you back.

5. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Ultracrepadarian likes this.
  6. Offline

BenHudHill

Hey man, thanks! That'd be great! Its fine if it doesn't tie with crackshot. As long as it is a firework rocket and tracks people (like gtamc), I'm cool! Please do make it my man xD Anyways, let me know when you're done / need something! :D Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2017
  7. I can make a plugin that adds homing projectiles( Arrows and fireballs ). I can't make it tie into crackshot, but if this is what you want, then I will release it.

8. Offline

xX_Blazer_Xx

I've started work on it, I thought of using guardians since they are very homing missile like. Is that ok​

9. Offline

b00pie16

just use e.setTarget(e2)

10. Offline

BenHudHill

yes

11. Offline

xX_Blazer_Xx

But not a single mob in Mc can fly and attack their target like a missile, can they? You need to calculate their vectors instead. You could use targeting, however, to make their face point towards the target.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.