Hockey Plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by thedemogamerslp, May 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

thedemogamerslp

Minecraft version: 1.12

What I want: I'm looking for a plugin for my city servers ice rink that allows us to play hockey

I'm looking for a plugin that allows you to skate, Pass/light shot (Right click) Slap Shot (Left Click). Body check which does the same thing as punching them but doesn't hurt them (Left Click player) and allows for you to to skate faster/push off there skate there should be a cooldown of a few seconds between each one. (Crouch) both forwards and backwards. the puck could be the black music disc (Stal). I'm also looking for commands to allow a player to ref the game.

I'm also curious what you guys can come up with,

Ideas for commands:
    /hockey join {Blue or Red} (gives a player a red or blue wool head)

OP Commands
    /Hockey start (Starts the game)
    /Hockey Stop (Stops the game)
    /hockey set Penalty box

REF COMMANDS
    /hockey ref (allows a player to ref the game [must be op])
    /Hockey Pause (Gives the ref the puck [ref only])
    /hockey penalty {penalty box name} {player} {time} {Reason} (puts a player in the penalty box, maybe also announces the reason why)
    /Offside (Gives the ref the puck and announces that the play was offside)
    /Goal {red or blue} (announcese a team has scored a goal [Ref only])

When I'd like it by: The sooner the better.

2. Offline

MightyOne

@thedemogamerslp the idea is pretty neat i guess. anyway a coder will need more information to help you. There are several things that i think need to be specified.
    One would be the game. What do you understand by rink? just any area of ice? And how does a game start or end? Who chooses teams?
    Another one would be the different moves. You don't say anything about how far e.g. a light shot knocks the puck or what is useful about crouching.
    It also could be difficult to balance everything. Taking any great shooter you can see that it takes a long time to match up every attack/whatever.

I guess what i wanted to tell you is that if you want to have a really nice hockey plugin than it will be everything else than a simply task and you would have to spend a lot of time on exchanging with the developer and also on testing.
    I dont know if this makes a lot sense whatever.

3. Offline

thedemogamerslp

I kinda wanted to leave it more up to the developer. Starting and stopping could be done by simply using /hockey start or /hockey stop it could be done by He ref or by any op. The ice could be any ice it wouldnt have to be marked and goals don’t need to be counted. I didn’t have an idea for the strength of passing or slap shots I would have to sit down with a developer and talk about it.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.