Hobbyist server keeps crashing.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by gus, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

gus

I have a pretty mid-grade computer that I'm using as a CB Minecraft server. Sometimes it can run for days, but I encounter periods of time where it will either freeze completely, or CB will crash.

It's running Ubuntu 11.04. Is there a better (free) Linux OS for running a CB server?

It seems I experience at least two different types of crash.

I use TeamViewer to connect to it. Sometimes the server will be running and TeamViewer won't be able to connect, so I have to assume the OS just froze completely. Other times I'll connect, and when I check the server console, it will have crashed due to severe errors. Furthermore, when the latter happens, the whole OS becomes unusable. I can still click everything, but the OS can't execute anything. I can't even shut the computer down.

Any advice?

2. Offline

stuntguy3000

"I use TeamViewer to connect to it. Sometimes the server will be running and TeamViewer won't be able to connect, so I have to assume the OS just froze completely." Well for one thing, Team Viewer is not a light application... Can you post those errors if you can? Maybe they will help us in debunking this...

3. Offline

mindless728

I would switch to VNC or if you don't mind just a command line use SSH without X forwarding

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.