Hide all players

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by iwitrag, May 30, 2014.

1. Offline

iwitrag

This plugin should work with 1.7.5

Hi!

I need a simple plugin, which makes that when player has a given permission, he will not see any other player.

Permissions:
    hideall.hide - players with that permission will not see any other player.

Commands:
    none - I don't want the need to activate it via command

Thanks

2. Offline

mactown21

I have a similar plugin called lobbyhide, it dosent have permissions but i will kindly add them :)
    check out this plugin -> http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/lobbyhide/

this should work with 1.7.5, if not umm you will have to wait untill bukkit servers is back up so i can download craftbukkit 1.7.5
    Tahg me if you really need permissions then i will add them for you.

iwitrag likes this.
  3. Offline

iwitrag

mactown21
    Wow! Amazing and simple plugin :) I like it !
    Two permissions would be great:
    lobbyhide.staff - this player will be NEVER hidden (admin etc)
    lobbyhide.hide - player with this permission will not see other players (in lobby etc)

4. Offline

mactown21

iwitrag Im on it! and im glad you like it

5. Offline

Jduffygames

6. Offline

mactown21

7. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

8. Offline

mactown21

iwitrag likes this.
  9. Offline

iwitrag

mactown21
    Amazing ! Thank you very much for your hard work :)
    Will you add this feature too ?
    lobbyhide.hide - player with this permission will not see other players (in lobby etc)
    That's the main feature I'm looking for :) I still cannot edit first post as FILLED, sorry.

Thanks anyway :) I'm glad that not only me will use this :)

10. Offline

mactown21

iwitrag Mainly that plugin is for players when they first join the server, i will create another plugin with what you have suggested,

11. Offline

iwitrag

Well I don't think that creating the whole new plugin only for that is good idea.

What about making config file:
    usePermission: true
    and if that config is true player will need to have certain permission in order to not see other players.
    This option could be false by default, so it will work just like now.

12. Offline

mactown21

iwitrag The thing is that theres no config, and mainly that for permissions and will not work for that. I have to recreate the whole thing because then it wont be a lobbyhide plugin. That lobbyhide plugin is only for hub servers that dosent use multiverse. If you want me to create a new one i can. Its not alot of work

iwitrag likes this.
  13. Offline

iwitrag

Yeah this topic is all about this plugin request:
    I need a plugin, which will hide other players to player, who has defined permission. If the player does not have that permission, he will see other players just like normal.
    It would be great if you could do this plugin for me. Thank you so much.

And if you have time, can you also add that staff-permission? Admins with this permission will NEVER be hidden.

Thanks a lot sir.

14. Offline

iwitrag

Refresh [sheep]

15. Offline

iwitrag

Refresh [pig]

16. Offline

Walruski

People with the hideall.hide permission will not be able to see anyone. How will this be fair on a player when another player without the permission can see the player with the permission?

17. Offline

iwitrag

I will use this only in certain areas (regions), where ALL PLAYERS will have hideall.hide permission. Simply places like informations with signs, events, etc... so players will see through other players.

18. Offline

Walruski

Alright, so what you want is if they have this permission they are always invisible?
    Didn't read the post properly.. :D. I'll edit this post when I've made the plugin.

19. Offline

iwitrag

Walruski Sorry for very late reply, so you are saying, that you are working on this?

Simply:
    Players with hideall.hide will not see other players (except admins with hideall.staff)

20. Offline

Walruski

iwitrag
    I do not have time to do this at the moment, sorry for not remembering to tell you this however I have forgotten about the project.

21. Offline

DigitalSniperz

Done,

I coded the plugin for 1.7.9 (tested on 1.6.4/1.7.2 works as well). I can change versions if you wish, PM me or something.

Permissions:
    - hideall.hide
    - hideall.staff

EDIT: Just updated, added hideall.staff, players with this permission can be seen even if the player has hideall.hide.
    Download: here

iwitrag likes this.
  22. Offline

iwitrag

DigitalSniperz
    Hello Digital, thank you very much for your hard work :)
    I have tried your plugin and I cannot use it. It works, but I need to combine it with regions and I need to hide all players (including newly connected)

There are 2 reasons why I cannot use it:
    1. When player gets/lost hideall.hide then he needs to relogin in order to apply the changes.
    2. When any new player connects, he is not hidden.

But thank you anyway :) I really appreciate it.

23. Offline

DigitalSniperz

iwitrag
    Fixed.
    Download: here

iwitrag likes this.
  24. Offline

iwitrag

DigitalSniperz
    Wow you are so fast sir!

I have tried it, now it works well, newly connected players are hidden and if there is permission change, players will hide/reveal after while. GREAT!

But there is still one small bug - permission hideall.staff does nothing for me. Player with this permission is hidden.

25. Offline

iwitrag

DigitalSniperz
    I have found another glitch - this plugin disables the VANISH function of essentials plugin. Vanish just don't work at all (all players can see vanished admins).

26. Offline

mactown21

iwitrag Still want me to remake a brand new plugin for you like i said above? I can make one that does not interfer with essentials with atleast 4 permissions and more commands. with config of your choice.

Whitelist config, without players to have permissions
    enable and disable future
    other little secret futures i might add :)

iwitrag likes this.
  27. Offline

iwitrag

mactown21
    Hi mactown, I would be very glad if you make this plugin, but you wrote to Spawn MegaCreeps in certain regions topic and I would really appreciate, if you work on that MegaCreeps plugin, because I need it much more.

But it's your choice, I'm happy for any help :)

Thanks

28. Offline

mactown21

iwitrag ok and i will look over megacreeps plugin again. Also if you need any other plugins just tahg me. I will make the plugin for you if im not busy but i will glad to help you.

iwitrag likes this.
  29. Offline

iwitrag

Refresh
    Can somebody make this plugin without bugs please?
    I need that it will not disable essentials vanish feature and it should hide even newly connected players + when permission for that player change - show or hide all players dynamicaly (let's say it will check every 5 seconds for permission)