Herocraft Development seeking more developers!

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Kainzo, Feb 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Kainzo

Yes, something similar - we have yet to implement this but we're working on back end tracking.

2. Offline

Zidkon

Because I want to know the system u guys planning just by curiosity, but if its kind of "secret" then is nvm.

3. Offline

Kainzo

Honestly, we're a bit bogged down and probably need another dev to get on it with us. The system basically would track players hits and any other thing we can (good deeds / bad deeds) and based on their actions they would get a slider like system... if they do more good things they get pushed into a "good" status, which gives them benefits to certain things... more item drops/coin etc.... and if they do "bad things" they'll give negative status, drop more coins on death and other things.

We want those things to be configurable - the issue is its complex and takes a lot of work.

4. Offline

xEpicTaco

Kainzo
    This is an amazing opportunity for any Bukkit Developer out there, but unfortunately for me, I do not have a lot of Java experience, and I don't think you'd accept a fourteen year-old onto the team ^.^. BUT, I could possibly host and test if there are still slots open for that, and host for what purpose? I got a free RackSpace server (http://www.rackspace.com), but it only has 4GB RAM. It's a cloud server, but I know A LOT about hardware, administrating, most Linux distros, DDoS protection, C++, *Trolling, and getting shit done on time. Anyway, Here is my formal application if you will still accept it ^.^.
    1. Minecraft IGN / Age: snrclub224 / 14
    2. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of the United States): Central
    3. How long have you been playing Minecraft?: Since ~Alpha 1.3_x
    4. What is your level of Java experience?: I'm more of a C++ person (very similar) but I have some experince in developing Bukkit plugins, I would say Beginner++.
    5. Do you currently host or help run a server (if so which)? Yes, CzarCraft SMP, PvP, and Creative (http://czarcraft.net/)
    6. Please list any previous plugin creations you may have developed.: Primarily private plugins, or requested plugins, but I made one for a Paintball Mod server to capture bases when you right click a specific sign with a specific item. I also made 'PrimeTnT' and 'CProtect', very basic :p.
    7. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I am skilled in the fields of Administration, Hardware, DDoS Protection (Before you get DDoSed, sorry :p), and I am very skilled with Linux distros and Windows 98-8 (and all servers in between). I have a server you could use for something (testing maybe?) and I'm also good at debugging. Yes, I am 14, but I don't have a high-pitched voice and I don't talk a lot.
    * Former client developer (I don't skid (copy code, etc.))

5. Offline

Kainzo

Anyone know a network engineer? ;)

6. Offline

tanveergt5

you guys are the best keep it guys

7. Offline

Kainzo

Thanks for the kind words!

8. Offline

jackbtroop62

Kainzo, I am really enjoying this plugin :) do you know when there will be an update to 1.4.6?

9. Offline

gcman47

1. gcman47 age: 13
    2. east coast
    3. 2-3 years
    4. I started java last year
    5. I do not run but I am a mod on many to many to name.
    6. None
    7. None

10. Offline

Kainzo

Which plugin?

11. Offline

Whats for Today

Being more than completely obsessive compulsive about this... but the '"l" in lightweight isn't blue. :I

I would love to be a part of HeroCraft Develpment, personally I have always favored these plugins over other RPG and Chat plugins.

Only problem is I would feel way too inexperienced, and I would worry that anything that I may develop wouldn't be up to par.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  12. Offline

messageofdeath

1. Minecraft IGN: messageofdeath
    2. Position applying for: Coding Team
    3. Age: I am 14
    4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of the United States): (GMT-6) US Central Time
    5. How long have you been playing Minecraft?: Since 1.7.3
    6. How long have you been on Herocraft?: Sadly 0 hours.
    7. What is your level of Java experience?: 1 1/2 years
    8. Please list any previous plugin creations you may have developed.:
    - GameModeChanger(1st plugin made, I think is the best game mode changer to date) Link
    - PaidRanks(I am not original author) Link
    - XPStore(Unsupported) Link
    - ArmorCraft(Unsupported) Link
    - MultiCommand(Unsupported and 2nd plugin made) Link
    - AntiLog(I did not make it, I edited it for Cheesium) Not released
    - FortiFight(A game for Cheesium) Not released
    - UnlimtedEXP(You get unlimited EXP) Not released
    - UGCreeperNerf(Creepers and TNT do no damage, made for UndergroundGamers) Not released
    - UGTrader(A simple trader NPC, made for UndergroundGamers) Not released
    - UGVanishNoPacket(I did not make this, I edited it for UndergroundGamers) Not released
    - UGRank(A simple rank plugin using Vault, I made for UndergroundGamers) Not released
    - UGAutoRank(I did not make this, I edited it for UndergroundGamers) Not released
    - UGOpenInventory(Opens an inventory, I made for UndergroundGamers) Not released
    - UGColors(Puts colors by rank above the head) Not released
    - UGTagAPI(I did not make it, I edited it for UndergroundGamers) Not released
    - UGPermissions(A permission system, in the fashion of , I made for UndergroundGamers) Not released
    - And other UG plugins that I can't remember. I don't know the others because my computer harddrive was wiped.
    9. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I am 14 and I play the Euphonium in band. I go to High School. I like to watch FootBall, and BaseBall. I currently play baseball.

apple nick 4 likes this.
  13. Offline

amitlin14

You guys are unbelievable! Some of these plugins are insane, I wish was somewhere near your level of coding... *goes back to coding team pvp arenas.....*

Kainzo likes this.
  14. Offline

fireblast709

Just because the people are still applying for a dev spot

Minecraft IGN / Age: Fireblast709 / 18
    Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of the United States): GMT +1
    How long have you been playing Minecraft?: Started around the time the nether was introduced (so around 2 years 4 months)
    What is your level of Java experience?: Around 1 - 1 1/2 year. Before that Python, PHP, C++, a bit of C#, known with basics of openGL
    Do you currently host or help run a server (if so which)? No
    Please list any previous plugin creations you may have developed.: Currently working on HunterCraft and helping with kEssentials
    Additional info you would like to tell us?: Nice programmers philosophy. Mine should be kind of similar

15. Offline

Kainzo

If you are interested, hang around in #Heroes on esper.net - we do 90% of our communication on IRCs

mung3r likes this.
  16. Offline

Kainzo

We're still taking active developers for up and coming projects. http://hc.to/apply
    andrew2060 has been a great asset in creating more skills along with @Whatisyl :)

mung3r likes this.
  17. Offline

tigierrei

kainzo why i can't download heroes?you can help me please?

18. Offline

evilmidget38

You can find it on the spout forums, as they no longer develop for CB. But, you've already posted there, so why you're posting here confuses me.

19. Offline

Kainzo

What evil said

20. Offline

Kainzo

Herochat is still being maintained :) no new features at this time.

Our team is creating a Karma system for our RPG server, will be awesome! It uses the tagAPI to show murderers/good guys :)

mung3r likes this.
  21. I was thinking about a karma system my self and have the core standing atm. Nothing special yet, but it is fully tdd and therefore has over 90% code coverage (missing the auto generated code of ebean orm). I will see if I get you on irc to share some ideas. Hope I get you there as I'm at GMT+1 here.

22. Offline

xEpicTaco

Network Engineer to operate under what condition? I am familiar with iptables for Linux servers and I can use ufw (uncomplicated Fire-wall)

23. Offline

Kainzo

We more or less filled the position / solved the issue. We're working on a special project - (new game)

24. Offline

Kainzo

PattersNET is doing a great job so far :) - Gabizou has really stepped up and is helping out more too!

Good job :)

25. Offline

Kainzo

We're looking for more developers to help create HeroBoss :D

26. Offline

user_43347

1. steaks4uce (suprise!), 16 years old.
    2. UTC-6 (Nebraska <3)
    3. Since the latter alphas, quit playing it for fun a while back, looking for excuses to start again.
    4. Pretty familiar, I've worked with mods to the server, plugins, a couple different APIs (Forge, Bukkit, Spout, and Canary), aswell as massive modifications to the client.
    5. MeepCraft being the latest (left due to a disinterest in their projects, they were just reinventing the wheel several times over) also helped with several smaller ones.
    6. Herobrine being the biggest, it's fairly large. I love working on really creative and fun projects, which is why I've always stuck with Herobrine.
    7. Feel free to ask me anything :)

27. Offline

Kainzo

Interesting plugin there... I liked some of the abilities and I think that could tie into our HeroBoss plugin...
    /join #Heroes on esper.net and chit chat with Gabizou, Mung3r or myself.

28. Offline

xXMaTTHDXx

I am up to this I can code something's and I hope you guys are looking for a responsible coder that can offer team spirit and many other things!

Name: Matthew Cameron

I have been playing minecraft for... About 3-4 or more years now I am hooked on the game, I find it is addicting it's so creative and so many things to add including plugins.

Skill level: My java coding experience would be migrating into intermediate I am making various plugins I even have one on bukkit.

Hosting server? Yes I own one with about 25 people on regularly it's hungergamesmc www.hungergamemc.net and I am admin on smoke 2ks server.

Plugins: I have made donor login which if the server a full and you have a certain permission it will allow you to log in by finding someone without that node and kicking them, it gives them a configurable message of why they where kick.

I love to make plugins I would love to be apart of your coding team I have heard so many good things about this team and I would be so happy to be a part of it. I am almost always online so I can help or be contacted whenever needed, I have great team spirit and love to work with others.mi think this would be a huge learning experience for me as a developer then this would lead to me helping to teach others, I would also like to say I really want to be a part of the projects.

Please pm me or reply to me on this forum if I'm accepted.

29. Offline

Kainzo

Hop into our IRC and we can chat more, its #heroes on esper.net :) or hc.to/chat - for the lazy ;)
    We're there 90% of the time.

30. Offline

xXMaTTHDXx

Um I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong but no one is on so if there is something I need to know can you please pm me or say it on here, or tell me when someone will be on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.