HeroChat Configuration Help

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Robert McKay, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Robert McKay

Hey Bukkit Community,

I'm having an issue formatting chat on my server. Here is what I would like:
    - All users to join "local" channel, and be defaulted to speak in that channel
    - The ability for all users to speak in other channels, but not allow them to join the other channels.

Here is an example:
    JimBob is new to the server and so he is automatically assigned the "local" channel. JimBob wants to say Hello to his new server, so he must type "/g hello". JimBob has sent a message to the "g" (global) channel without focusing/joining the channel.
    The server admins don't want people talking in the global channel constantly. So JohnArthur, the server's admin, has disabled joining the global channel to try and get users to speak in local channel and reduce the amount of chat seen by all users.

The above example is the situation I would like my server in, but unfortunately I can't figure out how to do it in HeroChat. I have the Global channel set to 'focusable: false' and 'shortcutAllowed: true'. This should allow users to speak in the Global channel, but not allow users to focus/join the channel. Unfortunately this isn't what is happening on my server.

Here is my permissions.yml (using PermissionsEx): http://pastebin.com/cqWN6WZZ
    For now just look at the "guest" group. We can worry about configuring the other groups later.

Here is my Global.yml chat channel in HeroChat: http://pastebin.com/9tMDyCtc

If you have any questions for me, fire away. I would love to have this solved as soon as possible. Thanks!
    Robert McKay (Trewyy)

I'm bumping this thread because somehow it's already at the bottom of the list.

I'm going to keep bumping this until I get some sort of response lol.

Thanks.

Seriously? Still no response? BUMP.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  2. Offline

Robert McKay

Wow, Bukkit, what are you doing? It's been 2 days, and no response at all. Please, I need this help to release my server.

BUMP again. Seriously bukkit, how useless are you? This is a simple matter. I likely just have something "true" where it should be false.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  3. Offline

Kainzo

This isn't bukkit's issue - this is your issue not understanding how to use a plugin.

First and foremost - you are using a Perm Plugin that isnt supported by Herochat or any of our other plugins, use at your own risk/digression.

There is the ability to allow a chat to be focusable.
    focusable: true/false
    but you cannot restrict global joins via perm nodes, that is self-defeating since no users will be able to join the chat. I'm not 100% understanding what you want and why you want it that way, since users can easily use /g <msg> just as fast (if not faster) than having to focus on it to talk. ^ above, invest in nocheat to solve that issue with chat regulation / anti-flood/spam.

Good luck, guy.

MaliciousMan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.