HELP!World Edit hacker keeps griefeing

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by FunCraft, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

FunCraft

So i have really huge problem
    First time i noticed this was when my HOLE SPAWN was filled with lava even inside the houses and all around it blocks were destroyed like from TNT explosions so i had to backup the map
    Second time the SPAWN was griefed again.
    The the third time somebody World Edited lava

I know that this isn't from one of our mods because nobody was online at that time!

And while i was writing this post,i was hacked 2 more times WTF?

I really need help.

And also one question:does the plugin LogBlock log World Edit changes?So I know what player did it!

Also is it possible to be because i recently installed RemoteToolkit and somebody hacks into that and World Edits?(idk so)
    Please i really need help how the hell can I get World Edit hacked 5 times in a week?

2. Offline

1lann

Well possibilities are
    1. You didn't set up permissions properly
    2. The player is actually someone you trust with worldedit but you don't know who
    3. The player is using a hacked client and using bots to do the griefing.

And also, logblock doesn't log logblock. It's normally quite easy to figure out who did it by a simple /lb area 10. Or try /lb area 50 block tnt (i think is the command)

3. Why don't you check your log file for recent commands..... Also if your server is an offline server you might need to add a auth plugin so each account gets a password.

4. If you enable log-commands in WorldEdit's config, you can see who did it.

1lann likes this.
  5. Offline

FunCraft

Thanks all for your replies and i do have xAuth and also i don't have LogBlock i only have Log but i plan to install LogBlock and thanks i really didn't know that WorldEdit can log commands lol
    Thanks all and i backup the map again because i wasn't home and hackers lava griefed again..
    but it will be good from now on
    ...I hope...

thanks for the post i didn't know that WorldEdit can log commands.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.