Help with Permissions and Essentials: Warp Exclusion...

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Dvl, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Dvl

I have been using both Permissions and Essentials as major plugins on my server for a long time now (thank you, Zenexer and Niji, you guys are awesome), but I wish to use a different plugin to warp around on my server because I wish to have a "/listwarps" command so everyone may view all the warps. Because I use permissions, this is easy; my users have access to PlgWarp's commands instead of Essentials' warp functions, but because my admins and I have '*' total permission access, our "/warp" still references to essentials' warp command, so we cannot warp to points that users set with PlgWarp. Is there any way I can exclude Essentials' warp command from admins as well? I know I could list every single node other than 'essentials.warp' in my config.yml, but that would take hours and much more maintenance.

2. Offline

solentice

I'm pretty sure you can negate permissions nodes to disable them from a group, maybe like :
    Code:
        VIP:
            default: false
            info:
                prefix: '&b'
                suffix: '&b'
                build: true
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'essentials.*'
                - '-essentials.warp'
    This means they wont have access to the Essentials /warp command only, but any other plugin permission nodes you do have listed should still work. Not sure how well this works when using the '*' all commands permissions though, since normally you want that one all by itself, but the Permissions 2.5.5 developer does state that this is how to exempt a permissions node. If it doesn't work on a group using the '*' global command node, then you might have to try giving that group each of all you plugin permissions first(yes, I know it'll be a long list, but this would now be a work around), and then negate the specific ones you don't want them to have.

3. Offline

tony.t

Hi,

I had the same issue a few days ago and I found a way (with the help of someone on the Essentials thread, don't remeber his name though) to disable completely the warps, home and everything you want.

You need to open Essentials.jar with Winrar, then open the plugin.yml file and delete all the commands you don't want.
    For you, delete that :
    Show Spoiler
    setwarp:
    description: Creates a new warp.
    usage: /<command> [warp]
    aliases: [createwarp]
    delwarp:
    description: Deletes the specified warp.
    usage: /<command> [warp]
    aliases: [remwarp,rmwarp]
    warp:
    description: List all warps or warp to the specified location.
    usage: /<command> <warp>

Then save.

But DO NOT touch to the /spawn and /setspawn commands, otherwise you'll get a lot of errors.
    If you don't want the Essentials Spawn plugin, simply don't use the spawn.jar file in the Essentials Suite.

wolvenmoon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.