Help with NBT

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Shadow_tingBRO, Jul 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quick question, I have been searching around for ages trying to find some sort of docs or something so I can learn to use NBT data and tags for various things.

If there arent any docs, could you find any tutorials because I cant find any and the one written by notch which I found somewhere requires you to download a test.nbt and bigtest.nbt from the minecraft website but the docs arent there anymore (https://minecraft.net/docs/test.nbt). Also If there arent any docs for that is there a place I could learn about how chunks are loaded (still nbt) and Ive heard a lot about NibbleArrays and also how minecraft regions are saved and loaded (.mca files etc..) and also about .dat files. I would be really grateful for a link or link to a tutorial on this. Thanks :)) This is for helping me with a map loading plugin for a server (loading some chunks etc...)

2. Offline

Machine Maker

So here is a doc about using NBT tags on items.

3. Thanks, but what about loading chuck files, or region files? That only shows example code, no explanation lol

4. Offline

KarimAKL

5. OhhHhhh thats more like It, Im not going to mark as Solved yet i will do after!

6. Offline

KarimAKL

@Shadow_tingBRO Sure, you can just ask about anything you don't understand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.