Help with making my plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by cashroy, Feb 20, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

cashroy

Hey guys, I'm relatively new to this world, and am creating a minecraft plugin (probably way too complex for my ability but oh well). Ill share my basic idea; a plugin that allows players to connect minecraft servers to their account (on the app i am yet to make!!!) and from the app, see certain parts of the console e.g. players joining, leaving, server starting, stopping, and chat in server... (potentially be able to chat from the app too but i just thought of that as im typing it..) from the app they will also be able to select what notifications to receive i.e. from the list above. ANYWAY I will probably come here alot for help, but the first thing i need help with is outputting certain parts of the console, and if anyone could help explain that to me i would very much appreciate it!!

I just want to reiterate: I KNOW this is going to be a massive project, especially for a solo, newb dev... But I got this.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@cashroy Did you ever make a plugin?

3. Offline

cashroy

@timtower I'm not quite sure what you mean by this... I only just made this post within the last few hours... I have made basic plugins but have very limited knowledge as mentioned before... please read my full post before replying in the future

4. Offline

@cashroy I did read your post, but if you need help writing things to the console then I assume that you never followed a plugin tutorial.
    Because they all handle events and logging like you need.

5. Offline

cashroy

@timtower not quite, I know how to output stuff to console, I'm wanting to send parts of the console to another location, i.e. send the chat, player logs, and server start / stop to my app I mentioned, I just want help with that for the moment.. Thanks

EDIT: also, do all posts need to moderated? Thats a pain innit?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2024
  6. Offline

Moderated: you are a new user, so yes.

About your app: we make plugins here, that is not a plugin anymore.
    Read and write the streams of the application.

7. Offline

cashroy

@timtower I'm not asking for help with the app, i just want to know how to output chunks of the console, e.g. to a string....

Thanks re moderation - can't wait to not be a new user xd

8. Offline

The process outputs streams as it is already, that is what the terminal is using, that is what all server hosts are using.
    Use that as well and filter it on the app.

9. Offline

cashroy

sweet - how do i get it to the app in the first place... is there a function to detect when something happens in the chat, then output that thing in the chat to somewhere?

10. Offline

You start the server using the app.

11. Offline

cashroy

I give up, that had absolutely nothing to do with my question

12. Offline

Because you want to make an extra layer when a top layer thing (like an app that controls it all) is technically a better idea.

Other options: socket connection that throws the log strings out.
    File reading on the log file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.